Fried brain?: Saturday, September 03, 2005
Was in school today for the mock exams by LHB. I admit: I did not revise a single thing. I barely even touched the module materials other than during the lectures/practicals. So imagine the number of ?????????? I had during the whole time. I know it is not very nice to attend without studying, and I was really caught in a dilemma. But in the end I still went for it since I was already in school. Haha.. so just act blur all the way I suppose. But because I'm having pharyngitis and pyrexia, I wasn't functioning at my usual level (which is not really high level in the first place). I guess my neurons got fried with the increase in tempature. Passed the day in a *daze*.. and in a 'mad' state. LoL!
Well.. an interesting thing that LHB mentioned today was the examinations/practicals he sat for while in his uni years. Goodness.. I'm starting to wonder if we are the 'low-levels'. Can you imagine: Sitting in front of a psychiatrist and an occupational therapist, and your examination question you need to answer (verbally) is "Describe all the effects of schizophrenia".. *faint*! How about this...an OT lecturer that you have never ever met before is sitting in front, and you've brought along 3 craft products you have done, and the question asked is "What are the biomechanical requirements for weaving?"...*gasp* And can you imagine working with electrodes and those machines-and-what-nots? Really wonder.. are we really up to standard?? Learning about the kind of evaluations the university has, I feel that we are so much "luckier".
Anyway, thank you pompy [Happy Birthday to you!] for helping me repot my runner beans.. run run run.. runner beans! Heehee.. Yeah, the 'monster' plant (according to my sister), which is growing at a very very fast rate.. zz said to me "you all ah.. instant gratification only".. Haha.. zz, jealous my plant so tall is it?? LoL! Anyway, I hope it survives till monday. *cross fingers*. And those who planted lady's fingers.. wow! It sure is growing well!
Something has just broken my chain of thoughts. Had much much more that I wanted to write.. but a stupid, horrible, ugly, utterly digusting, freaking cockroach entered my study room. Not just a cockroach..a FLYING one. And my first thought "Not AGAIN?!" This isn't the first time a cockroach flew in early in the morning from 1-3am, the time where the whole house is asleep except me, for I'm hard at work (this is my peak timing..most productive phase. haha!) And such an unsightly creature has to appear. YUCKS!! Why was it even created in the first place?! And so... it has become another LONG "night"...
On the can it says " Baygon, all insect killer" and even has a picture of a dead cockroach. But let me tell you.. it doesn't work! I think I emptied almost half the can before the cockroach actually died... sprayed the thing for so long that I almost died in the 'fumes'! Now my whole room stinks of insecticide.. And I had to mop the whole study. Can you imagine.. mopping the floor at 230am in the morning? Damn the cockroaches! Off with their heads!!
This is the 4th time it has happened, and this is the third time I've removed a cockroach from the face of the earth. Haha.. not a big achievement but at least a little contribution to the extinction of cockroaches. *laugh* (Note: fried neurons at work). Same routine..engrossed with work on PC.. spot the cockroach.. PANIC...run to the storeroom and grab the insecticide.. search for cockroach... war breaks out..more panic...fume it..make sure it is dead.. clear up the remains.. mop the room... At least this time I set a new personal record of 15mins for this routine. The 1st time, I took an hour. Can you imagine that? LoL...
Cockroaches should not exist.. I hate you!
Well.. an interesting thing that LHB mentioned today was the examinations/practicals he sat for while in his uni years. Goodness.. I'm starting to wonder if we are the 'low-levels'. Can you imagine: Sitting in front of a psychiatrist and an occupational therapist, and your examination question you need to answer (verbally) is "Describe all the effects of schizophrenia".. *faint*! How about this...an OT lecturer that you have never ever met before is sitting in front, and you've brought along 3 craft products you have done, and the question asked is "What are the biomechanical requirements for weaving?"...*gasp* And can you imagine working with electrodes and those machines-and-what-nots? Really wonder.. are we really up to standard?? Learning about the kind of evaluations the university has, I feel that we are so much "luckier".
Anyway, thank you pompy [Happy Birthday to you!] for helping me repot my runner beans.. run run run.. runner beans! Heehee.. Yeah, the 'monster' plant (according to my sister), which is growing at a very very fast rate.. zz said to me "you all ah.. instant gratification only".. Haha.. zz, jealous my plant so tall is it?? LoL! Anyway, I hope it survives till monday. *cross fingers*. And those who planted lady's fingers.. wow! It sure is growing well!
Something has just broken my chain of thoughts. Had much much more that I wanted to write.. but a stupid, horrible, ugly, utterly digusting, freaking cockroach entered my study room. Not just a cockroach..a FLYING one. And my first thought "Not AGAIN?!" This isn't the first time a cockroach flew in early in the morning from 1-3am, the time where the whole house is asleep except me, for I'm hard at work (this is my peak timing..most productive phase. haha!) And such an unsightly creature has to appear. YUCKS!! Why was it even created in the first place?! And so... it has become another LONG "night"...
On the can it says " Baygon, all insect killer" and even has a picture of a dead cockroach. But let me tell you.. it doesn't work! I think I emptied almost half the can before the cockroach actually died... sprayed the thing for so long that I almost died in the 'fumes'! Now my whole room stinks of insecticide.. And I had to mop the whole study. Can you imagine.. mopping the floor at 230am in the morning? Damn the cockroaches! Off with their heads!!
This is the 4th time it has happened, and this is the third time I've removed a cockroach from the face of the earth. Haha.. not a big achievement but at least a little contribution to the extinction of cockroaches. *laugh* (Note: fried neurons at work). Same routine..engrossed with work on PC.. spot the cockroach.. PANIC...run to the storeroom and grab the insecticide.. search for cockroach... war breaks out..more panic...fume it..make sure it is dead.. clear up the remains.. mop the room... At least this time I set a new personal record of 15mins for this routine. The 1st time, I took an hour. Can you imagine that? LoL...
Cockroaches should not exist.. I hate you!












