The Last One: Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Finally. The last of the stream of practical examinations has ended. *phew* 4 more written papers and I'm almost done for Y2S1 *yeah!*
Practical examinations today.
My Scheduled Time: 10.55am-11.20am
Meeting Time with min: 9.30am
My Arrival Time: 8.58am
Before the exam....
Came earlier to access the E-Learning stuff because I can't seem to launch the materials from home. Was a little late [9.40am] meeting min.. copied from her Beh Mod. lecture coz I realised that I have one lecture blank. Revised a little with min.. did some warm up. And off she went into the reading room. Didn't know what else to do so went to sit at the corridoor to wait for my turn at 10.45am for reading. *...thump-thump-thump..butterflies...*
After the traumatic experience from BSM practical, I came prepared today. Not prepared with the knowledge in my head *I've got no brains, remember?* Prepared with my 'weapon' to calm me down *haha* And guess what I brought? A comic book! *hahaha... i'm serious!* Have been so busy trying very hard to study *i'm still trying* that I haven't got much time to read other things. The latest updates of 'Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle' is now available, and my bro got them *yes I read manga.. in chinese mind u. haha*
Forced myself to read while waiting for my turn to the reading room. 1. To not let my mind wander off and start worrying about things. 2. To calm myself down before the practical. And it worked *thank goodness* In fact, it worked very well. *haha*
Imagine this... A long, gray corridoor... one person sitting alone... laughing to herself. *haha* Yeah, people probably thought I was mad. And I was happily laughing when he came out. *aahh!!* He must have thought I'm mad. *haha*
And this was why I was laughing.
The Examination
My Scheduled Time: 10.55am-11.20am
Actual Time I Took: 10.55-11.07am
Went into the room. Didn't prepare anything on paper. Didn't even look at my manual in the reading room. Was too busy mentally rehearsing everything that I needed to do. Took pillow, placed under the patient's head. Raised the bedrails. Locked the bed. Time to choose a wheelchair. *frown*
Practical examinations today.
My Scheduled Time: 10.55am-11.20am
Meeting Time with min: 9.30am
My Arrival Time: 8.58am
Before the exam....
Came earlier to access the E-Learning stuff because I can't seem to launch the materials from home. Was a little late [9.40am] meeting min.. copied from her Beh Mod. lecture coz I realised that I have one lecture blank. Revised a little with min.. did some warm up. And off she went into the reading room. Didn't know what else to do so went to sit at the corridoor to wait for my turn at 10.45am for reading. *...thump-thump-thump..butterflies...*
After the traumatic experience from BSM practical, I came prepared today. Not prepared with the knowledge in my head *I've got no brains, remember?* Prepared with my 'weapon' to calm me down *haha* And guess what I brought? A comic book! *hahaha... i'm serious!* Have been so busy trying very hard to study *i'm still trying* that I haven't got much time to read other things. The latest updates of 'Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle' is now available, and my bro got them *yes I read manga.. in chinese mind u. haha*
Forced myself to read while waiting for my turn to the reading room. 1. To not let my mind wander off and start worrying about things. 2. To calm myself down before the practical. And it worked *thank goodness* In fact, it worked very well. *haha*
Imagine this... A long, gray corridoor... one person sitting alone... laughing to herself. *haha* Yeah, people probably thought I was mad. And I was happily laughing when he came out. *aahh!!* He must have thought I'm mad. *haha*
And this was why I was laughing.The Examination
My Scheduled Time: 10.55am-11.20am
Actual Time I Took: 10.55-11.07am
Went into the room. Didn't prepare anything on paper. Didn't even look at my manual in the reading room. Was too busy mentally rehearsing everything that I needed to do. Took pillow, placed under the patient's head. Raised the bedrails. Locked the bed. Time to choose a wheelchair. *frown*
Anyway, nothing much happened during the practical *I guess nothing can be worst than BSM prac*. Only that he forgot what were the questions and told me to do something else. Looked at him and FROWNED .\ /. *question mark him. haha* And then he realised that he was wrong *haha*. And I tried my best to do the most important... APPEAR calm. *haha* I guess everything went alright *in my lowly opinion*
Slipped up for the transfering and positioning. *what's new?*
Bear Hug Transfer (minimal assistance)
- Scooted patient to EOB. Tried positioning his feet flat on the floor. Realise they don't touch the floor. *panic* Wanted to get footstool, but realise I cannot leave patient alone. *panic* Shifted him to the very edge. Prayed hard he wouldn't fall. *pls pls pls...*
- Positioned both hands at pelvis instead of thorax. *argh!! careless!!*
NDT Transfer (maximal assistance)
- Patient couldn't hold the position. *what's wrong?? panic*
"Can you hold it there?"
"I'm falling..." *Looks down to the ground. Realise his feet aren't on the ground. OMG. *panic*
"I'm falling..." *Looks down to the ground. Realise his feet aren't on the ground. OMG. *panic*
Patient is really much much smaller than what I thought he is. *alamak!*
Positioning (Hemiplegic Side)
And he asked "Are you sure the scapula is protracted?" *Oh no. What am I doing? argh! rewind. redo. Panic*
After I finished the last question, looked at the clock. 11.06am *huh? so early?* Didn't know what else to do, so just looked at him. "Do you have anything else to add? Anything you want to change?" *Look at my patient* "Nope." "Okay then.. Thank you." "Thank you."
After the examination
After I finished the last question, looked at the clock. 11.06am *huh? so early?* Didn't know what else to do, so just looked at him. "Do you have anything else to add? Anything you want to change?" *Look at my patient* "Nope." "Okay then.. Thank you." "Thank you."
After the examination
Waited for min while she worked at the Garden *GOTY? haha* So headed to computer lab and started on by blog. Headed home at about 12... Time to get serious with Physiology. *sigh~*
Moral of the day... "Looks sure can be deceiving"
Btw... I learnt he actually smells good. Definetly. The 'daddy' aroma... *hahahahahahaha*












