My 1st OT practical exam...: Tuesday, October 18, 2005


Down with one practical and one more to go... two more reports, 4 written exams and three more weeks to go... it's sure going to get more torturous...

Had BSM practical exam today. All I can conlude from the session is PANIC ATTACK. Suddenly your mind is blank. The things that you know... then you don't remember. You were sure you got it right... then you become unsure of yourself. And you hear yourself say "errr...." "eh????" "aaaaa....." "yar...?" "...ok...." "no no no... erm...." much more than the actual words coming out from your mouth. You frown till the wrinkles seem to become permanent... you suddenly loss all muscle power to even mobilise the smallest joint... and most importantly... you see your goniometer shaking....

In the usual practical revision tutorials.. HB often gives us mock questions. And all I had to do was look through the questions.. and at least I know what I need to do and I can do what I think I know. But then, in the exam room... you are no longer yourself. And it really really doesn't help at all when the examiner keeps saying "ARE YOU SURE?" Suddenly... you start to doubt your brains.. your memory.. and yourself *sigh* This practical exam really isn't about the test of your knowledge or skills. It is definetly a test of your CALMNESS.. the ability to stay calm even if the world is coming to an end. *which of course.. I failed with flying colours*

And what's so ironic is when you become the subject... You see your fellow classmate, the 'therapist' panicking.. so kanchiong. You can't help but think its so funny... you try very hard not to giggle... you try to calm the person down.. and you try to help the person as much as possible because she is just too panicky. But then you realise your 'therapist' seems oblivious to your presence and your 'hints'.. *haha* And the most crucial thing...you start wondering "WAS I LIKE THAT?".. and you can't stop wondering about it... and when it's all over.. you forgot half of what happened in there when you were the 'therapist' but you remembered very well what your fellow classmate did *lol*

That's all I can conclude after today's practical exams. No wonder lecturers can tell us their stories about their practical exams. Who can forget such a "wonderful" experience? And I'm pretty sure he must be trying very hard not to giggle when each and every of us does 'stupid' panicky things during the examinations... boy.. what a great entertainment 'show' it must be for him...

And... the test was TECHNIQUELY can-be-done... but.... I am 'cannot-make-it' *sigh*

P/S: thanks zz for being such a great subject...and min.. thanks for being my 'therapist' too, though I wasn't a good subject.
readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-