My friends: Sunday, October 02, 2005

Life Documentation

30th September 2005, Friday

Was suppose to go for alumni. I planned to and was determined to go, because I need to practice. But when I saw the clock on the wall of e-plaza, which read "6.31pm", was rather reluctant to go in the end. Firstly, I can't make it there by 7pm; Secondly, my fellow trumpeter wasn't going... So in the end, didn't go. *oops! haha...* Don't worry. I'll make double effort to try to go for alumni this coming friday. *no 100% gurantee.. coz you'll never know what may happen*

Had dinner with seahorse, hippo *not at the zoo mind you* and fen at Mcdonalds! *haha.. i know i know. FATTENING!* Not much of a choice because it was the only place left open in school at this time of the day. But we had a RARE chance to just sit and chat and chat.. for almost 2 hours! I guess we were really destressing from the traumatic physiology practical exam *sigh` still very angry with myself and super depressed!* Chatted mostly about the happenings in Grp C's practical lessons with HB. Really envious of them.. their lessons seem so much more interesting, fun and fulfilling, as compared to mine, although we are taking the very same module, taught by the very same lecturer *sigh* And I had a very good time laughing and giggling listening to the eventful practical sessions of Group C *laughs* Thanks everyone! I had a GREAT time!

Took the bus back home together with The Ocean72 *haha.. just came up with it. nice, hippo and seahorse?* Found out that there has been some conflict between two people in zq *sigh* I felt really disappointed. Disappointed with myself, because I feel that I have not made enough effort to maintain the close friendship. Have been really busy with projects and what-nots, and have not had lunch with them during breaks for almost 2 weeks now *i've been in the computer labs and library most of the time* Some of them, even those not from zq, commented that I've become distant from the zq, now stick to zz most of the time *but we have many projects together...Sigh`* I guess its partly my fault that I have not been close to zq. Was also disappointed with others in zq.. what has happened to the 9 of us? I'm really starting to wonder and worry at the same time. I do hope that things can be as they were before... *wish*

1st October 2005, Saturday
September has come to an end, and it's Children's Day today *i'm old* Have been busy with clinical reasoning things today, and also with activity analysis. Simply can't wait to get over and done with all these projects and reports. *STRESS* Still have SY, HB and HL's report to do. And I have not started. Once again, I only know how to get myself into trouble.

Did not enjoy my dinner today. Mum prepared a seafood dinner - 2 chilli crabs, 3 pepper crabs; a plate of 'la-la' and a plate of vegetables. While cooking, she came into the study...

(holding a packet of chye sim)
"Eh, tonight dinner you eat the crab pincers ok anot?"
"But I don't eat crabs leh"
"One piece only. Then how? 'La-la' can anot? I fry veggie also"
(waves the packet of chye sim)
"Huh.. ok lar. I eat the veggie can already"
"Eat the 'la-la'. Very fresh.. just bought from the market today"
"Orh ok.. I eat abit"
"Then I fry egg for you? Eh..sunshine egg?"
"Ok. Eh! Make sure the yolk is well done"

Spotted a plate of Delifrance baugette on the dining table (meant for eating with the crabs) and started eating my favourite baugette, since I expected I wouldn't be enjoying dinner. Yes, I don't like seafood (although I am ikan bilis! haha..ironic?) Don't call me silly... I just don't like seafood alright? So, while the family were eating at the dining table, I scooped some vegetables, eggs and 4 'la-la' onto my empty plate, and two pieces of baugette dipped in the chilli gravy, and went to the living room and had dinner alone with the tv *haha*

Anyway, came across something interesting on the net...

A gender-bending makeover of McDonald's marketing icon in Japan has been hailed a great success after capturing the public imagination and enticing adults back into its outlets to sample a revamped menu.

Traditionally, Ronald McDonald would goof about in oversized shoes and baggy yellow overalls in a frantic and successful pursuit of Hamburgler. In the Japanese TV commercial the foxy female version, with shoulder-length straight auburn hair in place of Ronald's frizzy mop, smoulders at the camera in a flowing yellow dress, and later a red and white striped bikini with thigh-length leggings and red high heels.

But the man behind the campaign insists he did not create a female Ronald McDonald - but merely appropriated his instantly recognisable outfit.

"We devised the costume and took the red and white stripes and the yellow, which were recognised and converted them into a stylish dress," Kazoo said via a translator. "We were assuming that even if we didn't include the McDonald's logo and even if the model was a beautiful caucasian just those colours of the mnemonic design would wake up people's association with McDonald's. The important point is we didn't change Ronald himself - we played around with his costume. The customers are calling her the female Ronald but that was not our intention," Kazoo said.
Reference
Brook, S. (2005). Ronald Mcdonaldget a make over. [Online] Available: http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,14173,1576805,00.html?gusrc=rss (2005, October 1).
*I'm really impressed by the Japanese powerful abilities to apply symbolic interactionism in advertising. Wow!*
readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-