Sound of Music: Monday, October 10, 2005
Current Stress Level: 80% [of sanity level]
Current State of Alertness: 50% [of awakeness]
Current Energy Level: 42% [of amount left]
Current State of Alertness: 50% [of awakeness]
Current Energy Level: 42% [of amount left]
One report 'done', another two more to go. 4 practical exams to go. 4 examination papers to go. Can I still survive till then? Even if I do, can I survive the examinations? I'm seriously doubting it. I really don't know what I have done throughout this semester. It seems like I've been drifting and sleeping through this whole semester. Feel as if though my brain is empty. Nil neuronal connections made. Thousands of neuronal connections lost.
And it really doesn't help when others have high expectations, which I know I cannot attain them. With people around that excel... I'm nothing but a lousy, tiny, ikan bilis. Sometimes I really don't know what others see in me. All I see in the mirror and in reality, is an inconspicuous, hopeless, lousy, ignorant, insignificant me. Why? Truth of reality speaks for itself. No need for further elaboration. Full stop.
In times like this, music becomes a therapeutic medium. To keep me calm. To keep me sane. These are the three CDs that will play on a rotational basis, while I work on my reports at the Acer computer. Honestly, had no intention of buying these CDs. Just happen to come across them while looking for another CD at the Classical section, HMV Heeren. Coincidence and fate made our paths cross. And I thank whoever made it happen.
CD1: The Most Relaxing Feel

Imported CD from Japan. Bought this CD by mistake *I don't read Japanese* Was looking for the CD the counter was playing on the stereo system and thought it was this. Got home, listened to the CD and realised it was not the right CD. But now, I'm really thankful I have it. As in the title, the songs in the CD have the relaxing aura. To keep me calm. To keep me sane. I love every song in the CD. 5 stars. That's why its always within my reach at home.
Favourite Tracks:
Track 3. Cagnte: Close To you - Sena's Piano II
Track 14. Norie Suzuki: Puccini: "O Mio Babbino Caro" from Gianni Schicchi
Track 15. Takashi Obara: Always With Me from Spirited Away
Most Favourite Track:
Track 8. Mstislav Rostropovich: Suite No. 1 in G Major I. Prelude
The sound of the warm cello. I love it.
CD2: Pachelbel's Greatest Hit - Canon in D

I love Canon in D. Saw this CD. Every track (8 tracks) is Canon in D. Different arrangments and different ensembles. Of course, I bought it, at the same time with the above CD. This is the 2nd most frequently played CD when I'm at the computer, hard at work, seriously at work.
Favourite Tracks:
All. Canon in D is one of my favourite pieces.
Most Favourite Track:
Track 2. The Pachelbel Canon - James Galway
The legendary flutist. Amazing. I love Canon in D. I love Pachelbel.
CD3: The Ultimate Four Seasons: Vivaldi's Greatest Hit

Mutts. By Patrick McDonnell. Bought this CD not because of the song, but because of the cover. I'm a big fan of Mutts. And of course, I enjoy the Four Seasons. Bought it together with the above 2 CDs. The least frequently played while I'm at work on the computer because the slower movements can lull me to sleep, if energy level is at rock-bottom level. Still, love this CD. Especially all the alternative versions. A whole new feeling to The Four Seasons.
Favourite Tracks:
Track 1. Spring (Concerto in E, Op. 8 No.1): I Allegro - Vladimir Spivakov
Track 4. Summer (Concerto in G Minor, Op. 8 No. 2): I Allegro Non Molto - Kazuhito Yamashita
Track 7. Autumn (Concerto in F, Op. 8 No. 3): I Allegro - James Galway
Track 11. Winter (Concerto in F Minor, Op. 8 No. 4.): II Largo - Gottfried von der Goltz
Track 12. Winter (Concerto in F Minor, Op. 8 No. 4): III Allegro - James Galway
Track 14. Spring III: Allegro [Alternate Version] - Gottfriend von der Goltz
Track 18. Autumn IIIL Allegro [Alternate Version] - Amsterdam Guitar Trio
Track 21. Winter II: Largo [Alternate Version] - Vladimir Spivakov
Most favourite Track:
Track 16. Summer II: Adagio;Presto [Alternate Version] - James Galway
Prefer Allegros of the Four Seasons. Although do like the Largos as well. And I love Mutts.












