The Exorcism of Emily Rose: Friday, November 18, 2005
| You Are 50% Boyish and 50% Girlish |
You are pretty evenly split down the middle - a total eunuch. Okay, kidding about the eunuch part. But you do get along with both sexes. You reject traditional gender roles. However, you don't actively fight them. You're just you. You don't try to be what people expect you to be. |
Alrights. Something to prove that I am not a typical girl. Haha. I guess my OT friends won't really agree with me because I seem just like the others. *LoL* I must admit I've really toned down quite a bit since my JC days. HAHAHA. *Big surprise eh* But then again, I'm just me. But a lesson learnt today. Guys never want help from another. * -_-" oh well.. I shall keep that in mind. Haha*
Life Documentation
17 November 2005 Thurday
Life Documentation
17 November 2005 Thurday
Watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose. A really good movie... in my opinion. And thanks to my mediocre knowledge of medical terminologies, I was able to follow the arguements in the court that mainly focused on the medical aspects of the case. *haha*
For the benefit of those who haven't watched the show, here's a summary of it. *Or at least my summary of what I think the show is about* Based on a true story, the movie revolves around the homicide case of The People vs Father Moore. Father Richard Moore was being held on charge of negligant manslaughter of 19 year old Emily Rose. Under his care, she was allegedly instructed to stop taking her medication and place herself in the hands of higher power. He believed that she was being possessed by demons. But the doctors belived she has psychotic epilepsy and hence by depriving Emily of the neccessary medication, Father Moore had directly caused her death. In short, a story of Faith vs Science.
But what struck me the most was not the debate of Faith vs Science, but what the lawyer, Erin Burner, said "...think about the POSSIBILITIES..." It made me feel that Mankind has evolved into such vulnerable creatures, sturggling to make things black or white, searching for answers, which in the first place, perhaps, never existed. We have become creatures of right and wrong, that if it isn't black then it must be white, leaving no room, in fact, not accepting gray. We grapple with things which appear gray, and we seek to see it as black or white, because uncertainty makes us feel lost and vulnerable. And this gradually erases possibility from our dictionary.
When things are gray, there's an infinite possibilities. Struck by the uncertainty and the freedom to see things as one desires, we become our own victims. Why is it that we cannot accept gray areas? Supernatural, faith, beliefs, demons, gohsts, angels.... seems so 'ridiculous', 'nuts', 'insane'; for there is no what we call the 'scientific' basis to these things. Vulnerable creatures where we fear the unknown; unaccepting to the possibilites; denying ourselves the open mind to view the world as it is.
Perhaps when we finally learn to accept gray as it is, and that where black and white exist, gray shall to, can we then learn to see the things that we've been shutting ourselves away from.
Alrights. I'm thinking you must be thinking I'm nuts. *haha* Ok. Just ignore what I've said if you don't understand what I mean. It's just another crazy thought in my mind... another movie which just keeps the wheels in my mind turning and turning. Love these sort of movies where there's a room for thought at the end of it *haha*
Oh yes, one last thing. Repeating myself again.. my dearest friends, if you have any intentions of linking my blog, please seek my permission first alright. And for those who have already linked me up, please remember rule no. 1: No mention of my name in your blog, and that includes the link to my blog. Thank you for kind cooperation. I strive to be ikan bilis. Don't forget that. *haha* And with a name like mine.. it becomes too easy to find me. Ya.. *haha*
For the benefit of those who haven't watched the show, here's a summary of it. *Or at least my summary of what I think the show is about* Based on a true story, the movie revolves around the homicide case of The People vs Father Moore. Father Richard Moore was being held on charge of negligant manslaughter of 19 year old Emily Rose. Under his care, she was allegedly instructed to stop taking her medication and place herself in the hands of higher power. He believed that she was being possessed by demons. But the doctors belived she has psychotic epilepsy and hence by depriving Emily of the neccessary medication, Father Moore had directly caused her death. In short, a story of Faith vs Science.
But what struck me the most was not the debate of Faith vs Science, but what the lawyer, Erin Burner, said "...think about the POSSIBILITIES..." It made me feel that Mankind has evolved into such vulnerable creatures, sturggling to make things black or white, searching for answers, which in the first place, perhaps, never existed. We have become creatures of right and wrong, that if it isn't black then it must be white, leaving no room, in fact, not accepting gray. We grapple with things which appear gray, and we seek to see it as black or white, because uncertainty makes us feel lost and vulnerable. And this gradually erases possibility from our dictionary.
When things are gray, there's an infinite possibilities. Struck by the uncertainty and the freedom to see things as one desires, we become our own victims. Why is it that we cannot accept gray areas? Supernatural, faith, beliefs, demons, gohsts, angels.... seems so 'ridiculous', 'nuts', 'insane'; for there is no what we call the 'scientific' basis to these things. Vulnerable creatures where we fear the unknown; unaccepting to the possibilites; denying ourselves the open mind to view the world as it is.
Perhaps when we finally learn to accept gray as it is, and that where black and white exist, gray shall to, can we then learn to see the things that we've been shutting ourselves away from.
Alrights. I'm thinking you must be thinking I'm nuts. *haha* Ok. Just ignore what I've said if you don't understand what I mean. It's just another crazy thought in my mind... another movie which just keeps the wheels in my mind turning and turning. Love these sort of movies where there's a room for thought at the end of it *haha*
Oh yes, one last thing. Repeating myself again.. my dearest friends, if you have any intentions of linking my blog, please seek my permission first alright. And for those who have already linked me up, please remember rule no. 1: No mention of my name in your blog, and that includes the link to my blog. Thank you for kind cooperation. I strive to be ikan bilis. Don't forget that. *haha* And with a name like mine.. it becomes too easy to find me. Ya.. *haha*












