What in the world ?!?!: Thursday, December 29, 2005

Life Documentation

28 December 2005 Wednesday

Alrights. I visited the doctor today. A TCM doctor. Yes, this isn't my first time going to such clinics, but this is my first time going there. And I was sure in for a surprise....

Went with my mum and her colleague after I ended 'work' and headed to the chinese clinic that my mum has been going to. She wanted me to go along cause have not been feeling too good for quite some time. Nothing serious.. no worries.. just thought I should 调养身体.

So in we went.. all 3 of us. First, was my mum's colleague. The doctor took her pulse, on both hands simultaneously, and started rambling about the problems that she has... and she says "yes! yes!", as if he could predict the winning numbers of the lottery. *haha* So he said she had slip disc, at L4, L5 and S1. In my mind I was thinking.... Hmm, sounds like PPC. But thank goodness I have some knowledge of anatomy, so at least I know what is L4 L5 and S1.

And then he started to "twist" her neck because she has been having neck pain. At first, I was thinking, "Alrights. Sounds like BSM... TrPs? Chronic pain? Dull pain?" and before I knew it, he was grabbing her by the nect and twisting it in such a sudden and forceful manner that I thought she was going to die from a spinal cord injury in the cervical area. Her whole neck practically went "CCCCCRRRRAAACCCKKK..." "CCCCCRRRRAAACCCKKK..." "CCCCCRRRRAAACCCKKK..." and "CCCCCRRRRAAACCCKKK...". If only HB could witness this moment. OMG....

And then after my mum's turn, it was mine. So, took my pulse and started his talks again. Some true, some not so true. I guess I must be those exception cases.

"You eat a lot of fish and beans right?"
"She doesn't eat fish" my mum said. And I was laughing inside. *hahas*
"Then must be a lot of beans.. ?"
"Alright. Not a lot?"
"Tofu your favourite?"
"Yar." *oops. haha. hey... tofu is great!*
.
.
.
"You always have migrane?"
"Used to. Now not so bad. Went for treatment before...." *ok. he's good... he could tell! I didn't say anything!*
.
.
.

And to my horror, he started to apply stuff to my neck. OMG OMG OMG. It's going to happen to me as well. So as he rubbed my neck, I assume to relax the muscles, my heart just felt like it was going to explode. *I don't want any SCI!!!* And I decided I better relax my muscles if not I may cause even more injury. If only HB could just witness these moments.... gosh. He either will awe in surprise, or be horrified and disgusted. I can only imagine his expression. Especially teaching us BSM. *faints*

And so yes, I underwent that same torture. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt. The only thing that hurt was my teeth knocked into each other. *haha* But I am now having a super stiff neck, whereas according to the doctor, I should be feeling good and no pain. *yar right.* I concluded what went wrong.. according to what knowledge that I have. *hahaha. how accurate? I dunno.*

The doctor mainly 'warmed up' my semispinalis capitis, but neglected one very important muscle. Trapezius.. and that's where I have a lot of latent TrPs. *bleah* So yes, I'm having pain on my left shoulder, mainly at the trapezius. Have been doing my own treatment, but the pain is still there. For now.


29 December 2005 Thursday

Today started as a good day. I was early, rather everyone was rather late. And I got to play this other version of play-doh with a kid and I had fun. Finally some 'art' thing. He enjoyed it, and so did I! *smiles*

Had a great great lunch at this place *sorry. must keep things confidential. hee* Really great food. Apparently its an annual xmas thing, and I'm really lucky to be there. Too bad I didn't get to try the all-too-famous 'bei dan chok" [century egg porridge], cooked by this nurse *if I'm not wrong*. I was too full to eat anything, and I really wanted to get back as well cause I felt really awkward being there. As if I was being W.A.T.C.H.E.D *haha*

Was really funny cause she said to me " [name] asked me if I was bringing my student along and I said yes. And [another name] said okay lar, she eats so little. So you must prove her wrong okay!"

Haha. They complain I eat too little. My 'bro' complains I eat too much. Talk about relativity. *hahaha*

And then was my case presentation... Didn't go too well, but I really thank them for all the feedback, suggestions, tips and guidance. I think I should be alright with my case presentation in school. *cross fingers* And then they showed me the already complete evaluation form, went through some things about Assignment 1. I was okay with the ratings, because I did a midway one with one of them, so it was around there... some improvements. So I was happy in a sense that at least there was improvement. This means I have learnt, which is the most important thing to me. *smiles*

Headed to M&S at PS to get something for everyone. Okay. So there were two cashiers. Left and Right. Queued up behind this fat tourist on the right who has just spend 259.70. A queue started forming at the left. So the woman asked if I wanted to go first, since I was there first. So I said it was alright. And so, two people paid and left... I was still suck behind the fatso. More people queued, and I was still behind the fatso. After that I got fed up and joined that queue, after about 5 people paid and left. It was then he finally left, so I went back to cashier on the right. And the bloody &%$#@#%! woman said "Please join the queue like everyone". I was like... $#%^&*&* and saw the queue was like 6 people long. Gave her the *(&%^%$ face and said "But I was queing behind him" (points to fatso). And she said "But he was in the queue too." In my mind: WHAT QUEUE?? Bloody &*^$%#$$#$ woman. There was NO queue just now okay. I waited behind him coz I thought he was almost done. I gave up fighting with this woman, cause I don't want to spoil my day. Diao her and wanted to walk away, and she said "Alright. I serve you next". If I had known I could find better things elsewhere at PS, I wouldn't have even bothered to buy that thing. I would have just thrown it at the counter and walked out straightaway.

Just because I am not a tourist. Just because I do not spend 259.70 at M&S. Just because I am my uniform, and not some fatso with suspenders and a luggage, I am treated like that. I swore never to step in that M&S at PS ever again. And I will never. Trust me. Just like how i swore never to buy from the OCK at the mall. And I never did for almost 3 years now.

I was really fuming and I walked to CF and really couldnt take it anymore. Just stood at the aisle, closed my eyes and took deep breaths, and told myself to not let that woman ruin my day. But she already has.

What has happened to the world? Is money the ONLY thing left that makes the world go round? I am really starting to see that the world is just getting uglier each day, and as time passes, I just find there is less and less meaning to live on - In such a U.G.L.Y world. In such a bleak G.R.A.Y. world. In such a torturous world. Reality sure cuts and leaves you to bleed; Scars form and will never go away; wounds don't heal; you bleed to death.




Sometimes I really wish the whole world was just me. Alone. Away from every existing human. All the ugly humans. Bleah. I just want to get away. I hate people.

But... that's not possible technically? So at times like this, I hate every person in sight. I get irritated at every human being in sight. I don't talk. I don't bother about anyone except myself. And I become a transient ASD person. *my terminology. haha* Until... I don't know? When I feel like it. Haha.

Anyways, school is starting next year, i.e. in 5 days time. One word. S.I.A.N. Argh. I really dread school more and more. I'm serious. So serious that I'm starting to really miss having placements. Help! I don't want to go to school.



P/S: Sorry about the language. I am really fuming and if I don't have an outlet, you'll be seeing me in my chalet soon. Really soon.

readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-