My Lunar New Year: Monday, January 30, 2006

Life Documentation

28 January 2006, Saturday

It's the Lunar New Year Eve... the time for reunion dinner. And as always, the reunion dinner on New Year's Eve is for my own family. Dad, Mum, Sis, Bro and this year, grandma was with us.

So once again, its time for yummy food prepared by my Mum. Hee. This year is chinese food cum Japanese food. Quite disappointed coz I was looking forward to steamboat actually. *haha* Oh wells. But it was a good dinner anyway! Here's what we had...


Shark's Fin Soup *oh no! poor sharks!...*

All kinds of Mushrooms *not sure how it is cooked though. oops*


Japanese Food *erm.. i think its fish eggs. Yeap. Those tiny tiny orange things on top of sushis*


Nioh-Hiang *not sure what it's called in English?* and Modern Nioh-Hiang *there's cherry tomatoes/peach in the centre*


Braised Duck *with egg and tau-pok*


Vegetables and Abalone *yum!*


And... Sashimi.

In all, it was a great dinner. *smiles*

Shou Ye with my sister and brother, while my parents went to Chinatown * I didn't want to die in the crowd. haha* And ended up watching a lot of things on Youtube.com. I have been entertaining myself with this website for almost the whole day and came across several amazing thing.

1. The VideoGame Pianist [his official website: www.videogamepianist.com]

Typed in 'Super Mario Bros' as I was rather bored and didn't know what else to watch. And the search results were extensive. Clicked on the blind pianist something..and saw this guy playing the Mario Bros theme blindfolded and then continued to play ALL the Super Mario Bros theme.. a 10.39 long clip. I am simply amazed.

He is only 19. And he plays by ear. No scores. And even no practice before that. I am amazed.

2. How to Beat Super Mario Bros

I grew up with the NES. When I saw this.. my jaw dropped. What have I been doing all my 20 years of my life? I have not even completed Mario Bros before and.. this person does it in like just over 5 minutes. I feel.... dumb. Bleah.

Just simply amazing. For those of you who grew up playing the NES... better take a very good look at the video!

3. Two Chinese Boys [ To the Song: Bu De Bu Ai]

Came across these two hilarious guys who simply does amazing lip-syncing. Hahaha. Laughed till I almost dropped on the floor. Haha. They lip-synced to many other songs such as the Backstreet Boys 'I want it that way' 'Get Down'....

They are known as the Back Dormitory Boys. Haha. Two really funny guys that never fail to bring laughter and joy. But please note: Do beware of imitations/pirated duos.

And so, that was how I spent my new year's eve.


readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-