Day 4: Thursday, March 02, 2006
02 March 2006, Thursday - Day 4
So far things have been alright. I must say that the pace of work is rather slow, relative to an acute hospital, but then again, I have experienced and learned a lot of things in these 4 short days. And to me, having a new experience is better than anything else.
Let's see...
Firstly, a new experience of working in a transdisciplinary team, something which I think is not very common in Singapore context *I'm assumming its more of multidisciplinary in SG*. I was firstly taken aback, coz I see OT doing PT stuff and vice versa. It took me some time *1 day?* to accept this whole concept of transdisciplinary. And at the end of the day, although things may seem a little skeptical, you gradually learn that things are as effective in such a structure and that there's a tremendous opportunity to really L.E.A.R.N. Right now, learning a lot of things each day; not in terms of academic knowledge *perhaps a little* but more of how allied health professionals work... and the different modalities of treatment they use... how reality really is when you WORK. *haha* In all.. I quite like it.
Next, there a few people that I have met that have inspired me. Okay.. there are HK PT student at the centre and they have inspired me as well. It because I've seen them taking clients, as well as their case presentations, and they have showed me how well they are doing in a transdisciplinary team. No longer are PTs the 'exercise' people, and they take upon a very holistic approach, similar to the OT. Inspiring.. yet scary. Why? Are we OTs going to loose our job?? *haha. We need to buck up people! Professionalism!!* And they are very independent bunch of people... etc etc etc. Also, I do wish to be like them.. overseas placement. But looking at my results... NOT EVEN IN MY DREAMS. Don't even need to think about it. *SIGH*
Then there's this senior who has just become my new 'idol' *first was zz.. haha* During school days, she was in Aikido, Symphonic Orchestra *she plays the cello... omg. damn cool!!* and was a member of the committee. How on earth did she ever find time!!! She has L.I.F.E. *envious* Now, she likes to take time off to fish *she's GOOD.. i mean really a pro at it* She has a open water scuba certification. Erm.. what else? She dances *ballroom if I'm not mistaken*... and I'm definitely sure there's MUCH more. Because I only talked to her for about like.. 15 minutes? Yeah. And she's a scholar during school days. I am simply amazed and inspired. *depressed. why am I like that? im juz like a piece of dung. my existence is of no meaning nor importance*
Then.. its nice seeing the kids once again. Especially when they remember you. You are seen as part of their journey. *smiles* But then.. I'm suppose to be on a neuro placements. Sigh. I wish to learn and gain more at times.. but things aren't always that way. So this time around got to be very pro-active for my own learning. And most of all.. it can be tiring? *Not sure if that's the word to use* At this rate, I seriously think I am going to be ASD. Save me!
Alrights. Hope my coursemates are doing great *or at least better than me. haha* Strive hard and don't give up okay? And please take good care of your health *smiles* Okay. To my non-coursemates.. enjoy your life *trust me. you definitely have one*, get more sleep *you have the time im certain* and take care too!
So far things have been alright. I must say that the pace of work is rather slow, relative to an acute hospital, but then again, I have experienced and learned a lot of things in these 4 short days. And to me, having a new experience is better than anything else.
Let's see...
Firstly, a new experience of working in a transdisciplinary team, something which I think is not very common in Singapore context *I'm assumming its more of multidisciplinary in SG*. I was firstly taken aback, coz I see OT doing PT stuff and vice versa. It took me some time *1 day?* to accept this whole concept of transdisciplinary. And at the end of the day, although things may seem a little skeptical, you gradually learn that things are as effective in such a structure and that there's a tremendous opportunity to really L.E.A.R.N. Right now, learning a lot of things each day; not in terms of academic knowledge *perhaps a little* but more of how allied health professionals work... and the different modalities of treatment they use... how reality really is when you WORK. *haha* In all.. I quite like it.
Next, there a few people that I have met that have inspired me. Okay.. there are HK PT student at the centre and they have inspired me as well. It because I've seen them taking clients, as well as their case presentations, and they have showed me how well they are doing in a transdisciplinary team. No longer are PTs the 'exercise' people, and they take upon a very holistic approach, similar to the OT. Inspiring.. yet scary. Why? Are we OTs going to loose our job?? *haha. We need to buck up people! Professionalism!!* And they are very independent bunch of people... etc etc etc. Also, I do wish to be like them.. overseas placement. But looking at my results... NOT EVEN IN MY DREAMS. Don't even need to think about it. *SIGH*
Then there's this senior who has just become my new 'idol' *first was zz.. haha* During school days, she was in Aikido, Symphonic Orchestra *she plays the cello... omg. damn cool!!* and was a member of the committee. How on earth did she ever find time!!! She has L.I.F.E. *envious* Now, she likes to take time off to fish *she's GOOD.. i mean really a pro at it* She has a open water scuba certification. Erm.. what else? She dances *ballroom if I'm not mistaken*... and I'm definitely sure there's MUCH more. Because I only talked to her for about like.. 15 minutes? Yeah. And she's a scholar during school days. I am simply amazed and inspired. *depressed. why am I like that? im juz like a piece of dung. my existence is of no meaning nor importance*
Then.. its nice seeing the kids once again. Especially when they remember you. You are seen as part of their journey. *smiles* But then.. I'm suppose to be on a neuro placements. Sigh. I wish to learn and gain more at times.. but things aren't always that way. So this time around got to be very pro-active for my own learning. And most of all.. it can be tiring? *Not sure if that's the word to use* At this rate, I seriously think I am going to be ASD. Save me!
Alrights. Hope my coursemates are doing great *or at least better than me. haha* Strive hard and don't give up okay? And please take good care of your health *smiles* Okay. To my non-coursemates.. enjoy your life *trust me. you definitely have one*, get more sleep *you have the time im certain* and take care too!












