Anyway, the semester is coming to an end soon... examinations in slightly more than a week's time. And internship.... Let's just pretend it doesn't exist. Serious state of d.e.n.i.a.l. *haha*
I have been slacking since Monday... and this is REALLY BAD! I have finished my report on Monday and have not been doing anything at school or at home during my 'free' time. The only "constructive" thing is reading a novel by Ian Caldwell and Justin Thomason - The Rule of Four.
So far, into approx. 115 pages of the book *most of which I stayed up to read last night.. which explains why I was late today. Heehee* Seems pretty interesting. This is a book that is too often being compared to Da Vinci Code; and many publishers and critics claims it to be even better than Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. Personally, I didn't enjoy much about Da Vinci Code.
I had anticipated much more from the book... I had expected more. But once again, I was disappointed. All that whoo-ha about the Da Vinci Code being a really great book, and all its controversies etc etc etc.... But after reading it, personally, I felt it was an 'ok' book.. a 6.5-7/10. The part I like about the book is how the author blends in fact and fiction so well, that it was hard to decipher which was fact, and which was fiction. The failing part of the book was... it was too predictable. I saw it coming...after a few chapters. But nonetheles, it was a uniquely written book.
The Rule of Four is also an uncannily similar book to Da Vinci Code, for it has the unique blend of fact and fiction. The story revolves around an ancient text - the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, which is thought to hold powerful secrets. And just like Da Vinci... a group of graduating Princeton students (4 of them) discovers something about the text. How the story goes on... I don't know. *haha*
Alrights. Just like to share with everyone somethings.... A little peek into my 'life'. *haha*
BK Coupons
*Burger King! The best fast food burgers in town... till Carl's Jr. appeared. Haha. Anyways, BK is giving out Spongebob with every purchase of the kids meal. I want Spongebob!*
*I wanted Spongebob... and I got it! The sticker at least... from M.X. Thank you so much girl!! How sweet to think of me when you saw the stickers. Haha*
*Got these bruises some time last week. Fell down at home... Twice. The first time gave me these bruises... a total of 6 bruises, of which the photograph captuted only 3. The second time I fell... overstretch the ligament of the ankle. Someone in class even commented "You look so abused" Haha. Then I thought about it... yeah, I really do look abused. I was having sore throat, running nose, headaches, fever.. then I was bruised all over... and I had a splint. Haha. But I'm fine now everyone. Lar dee dar.. I'm fit!*
My First Splint*Not made by me. It was made by "THL's Clinic" which is now open... according to her. Haha. Been on splint regime (day & night) since last week. Now I understand how unatural wearing a splint is. To my fellow coursemates... splinting really is... an art. It's really not easy to 'get it right'. And another thing.. it's really good to be studying OT in times like this. Haha.*
*Also made by "THL's Clinic" Haha. Thank you so much.. for everything. Especially since I'm such an annoying patient. Haha. And doubling up as the patient and the "OT" is.. funny. LoL. Can u imagine.. the patient needs to finish up the splint and strap herself? Haha. So far have been on this splint for De Quervain's for almost 3 days... And as Koh (2006) mentions, the splint is "....thinner and more breatheable.." LoL!*



















