Post No. 100: We are Great Cooks!: Saturday, May 13, 2006
Life Documentation
11 May, 2006 Thursday
It was our half-yearly ZQ gathering once again. And this time around, we decided to have a theme for our potluck: Japanese-Korean. *haha. Yes.. We are in the latest trend of korean stuff too!*
So armed with the limited knowledge of korean and japanese food *food preparation mind you. Hee*, we had a 'battle' in our very own kitchen.
Yes, a 'battle' for some. Like the tempura making. A wonderful exciting experience! Haha. Hmm.. can't upload the video on Blogger, but I can assure you it was really funny seeing them frying the prawns, trying to avoid being harmed by the hot oil, yet at the same time trying to make sure things don't turn charcoal in the wok. *hahaha*
And here's our MASTERPIECES! *applause*
11 May, 2006 Thursday
It was our half-yearly ZQ gathering once again. And this time around, we decided to have a theme for our potluck: Japanese-Korean. *haha. Yes.. We are in the latest trend of korean stuff too!*
So armed with the limited knowledge of korean and japanese food *food preparation mind you. Hee*, we had a 'battle' in our very own kitchen.
Yes, a 'battle' for some. Like the tempura making. A wonderful exciting experience! Haha. Hmm.. can't upload the video on Blogger, but I can assure you it was really funny seeing them frying the prawns, trying to avoid being harmed by the hot oil, yet at the same time trying to make sure things don't turn charcoal in the wok. *hahaha*
And here's our MASTERPIECES! *applause*

Alright. Here was what was on the menu *I try my best to remember what was prepared. haha*
From top (clockwise):
Green Tea Ice Cream [by XY]
Our ZQ Mugs
Brownie and Bugolgi chicken [by Jo]
Tempura (Prawn, Sweet Potatoes and Capsicum) [ by SJ & SH]
Salad (with Jap dressing) [by Cel]
Fried Japanese Seaweed, Fish *i think* and Mini-Kebabs (with potato and chicken I think) [by min]
Korean Singa Style Cold Noodle [by Pompy]
Japanese Curry [by yours truly]
Cuttlefish balls with alfalfa sprouts [by Jo]
Looks great isn't it? I'm so proud of everyone!!
Before dinner, we caught Disc One of the Harry Potter Movie.. The Goblet of Fire. And after dinner, we played Bridge! Haha. What an intense game... we were so focused on the game that even Min eating ice cream became so distracting for me. Hahaha... Oops!
Great food. Great company. Great time. Thanks everyone!
12 May, 2006 Friday
It is the public holiday... And once again, I'm stuck at the computer youtubing. Seriously, that website is too addictive. I've been addicted to it since exams was over... Right now I'm watching 3 drama series (2 Taiwanese, 1 Korean) and 2 animes (Prince of Tennis, Honey and Clover) there.
Hmm... maybe it's not youtube that is addictive. It is the shows on youtube! Haha... who asked youtube to have almost everything and anything.
Anyway, I am addicted *yes. seriously ADDICTED* to the korean serial 'Full House'. I started only today... and right now at 3am in the morning, I have just finished the 10th episode *there is a total of 16 episodes... each slightly more than an hour* I've heard a lot of great comments and reviews of this korean drama, but I missed it when it was airing on Chan 55, because of school -_-" So, then my dearest funk`p reminded me about that show and decided to youtube it and ta-da! I found all the episodes on youtube. And so, it started....
And for the whole day, I've been laughing. Laugh and laugh and laugh. The series is really so cute and funny. I don't know... but I read English subtitles, so I'm not too sure how accurate the translations are, but it is really funny!!! Everyone thought I was going mad... Laughing like a hyena in front of the monitor screen... LoL!
For those of you that think Korean shows are all about crying and dying... then, this will change your perception of kdrama. Haha. A must-see! 5 star rating! *smiles smiles smiles*












