Code Red?: Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Life Documentation
July 26 2006, Wednesday
Honestly, I'm not old. Not THAT old. But the signs of ageing is prominent.
Memory... *It's so easy to leave me*... I can't remember what I have learnt, and this certainly is killing me. When you realise that all your modules require not just previous knowledge and understanding but also a VERY good memory of what you have learnt, with a horrendous memory capacity like mine, it really sucks. Big time.
I can remember abbreviations, but I can't remember what it stands for.
I can remember I knew the facts, but I can't remember them now.
I can remember that I've learnt it before, but I can't remember the details.
And when 24 hours a day is never enough for you, just how do you find time to compensate by re-reading, re-learning, re-remembering everything? Worst of all, almost all are examinable modules. I detest!
Sleep... More than 4 hours of sleep is a luxury. Seriously. Apparently 8 hours of sleep a day is the recommended healthy duration of sleep. But as far as I can remember, I almost never had 8 hours of sleep. Okay, rarely. Back in ...
- Secondary 3 & 4, 5 hours of sleep was a luxury.
- JC 1 & 2, 3-4 hours of sleep was a luxury.
- Year 1, 3-4 hours of sleep was still a luxury.
- Year 2, 2-4 hours of sleep was a luxury.
Now... I am not even surviving well with 6 hours of sleep. Lessons now start at 9am, that means I get to sleep in later (as compared to lessons starting at 8am). But then, it seems I am not getting to school on time. Yet, just barely 2 weeks ago, I had no problems with a sleep-wake pattern of 1-2 am to 6.35am, tolerate 45mins of travel in standing and walking, and work from 8am-5.30pm.
Now I have difficulties waking up at 7.30am. I have difficulties getting ready in 15-20mins... ?psychomotor retardation? Then I cannot even tolerate 30mins of travel in sitting... And even though physically it is less tiring than being on internship, I barely pass the day awake throughout. By 3pm, I sense my system is shutting off.
Have I really aged that much? Or have I accumalated THAT much of a sleep debt that my body has reached sleep dept max that it now needs to PAYBACK? Is there such thing as sleep debt and payback in the first place?
Sigh.
The functions of hand. Content validation.Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Depression. Paranoid Schizophrenia. Anxiety Disorder. Menopause. Emptying Nest. Planning programs. Nursery kids. Developmental milestones. Physiology. Anatomy. Biosensorimotor. Biomechanics. Metacognition. Mystical thoughts. Reasoning. Analysis.... How do I get quality sleep in the midst of them?












