Life Documentation: Aug 7 - Aug 13 [Part II]: Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Life Documentation

9 August 2006, Wednesday

[Part B]

Back to my NDP experience.... It was certainly a new one and unforgettable one too. Many thanks to my cousin Mat, and a BIG BIG BIG credit and hugs to her for doing up collages. Haha. Many of the pictures and collages you are about to see are all from her. I hope you don't mind using them... haven't exactly seeked your permission! Oopz. Don't sue me!
I just wanted to try for once... how it feels like being patriotic. Hoo!
Steps of Me being patriotic:
  1. Dressing in red, just like everyone else. Yeah.
  2. Braving the hot weather and overly-packed-sardined-tunaed-not-so-nice-smelling-pespiring-pushing-squeezy crowd to finally reach the National Stadium. Phew.
And so, from the horrendous crowd at the Kallang MRT station, I managed to locate my sister, brother, cousins and aunt. Wow. Three cheers to my above-average visual perceptual skills! Haha.
From there, we were contemplating whether to take the shuttle bus or walk to the stadium. And finally, out of consideration for the older adult in our group, we decided to take the free shuttle bus... check out the queue.
Seemed to take forever to reach the stadium... oh well. Not much of a choice since we are getting old. LoL. So here's us on the shuttle bus, provided by SBS (at least the one we took).

After about 20 minutes, we finally got to the stadium and made our way.. firstly to the stadium, as the bus stopped quite a distance from the stadium. Then we had to locate the right entrance (there are 4 in case you didn't know), and had to queue up to have ourselves and our bags checked. Okay, then next we had to queue up to get the fun packs. Then locate the opened section to enter (they open up sections one-by-one as they are being filled). And finally... we found a nice spot... which in my opinion could avoid uncessary less-than-a-minute of fame on national tv. Haha. Come on.. I rejected the FRONT seats.. as in.. really RIGHT IN FRONT. Remember, I am ikan bilis! Haha.

So here's us looking through our fun packs... taking pictures... and basically preparing for the parade later. Oh yes. See that cap I'm wearing? Patriotic right? Haha. But it's very cool okay. It lights up at night! Yes. There is a switch within the cap that can be switch. I was amazed. Haha.

Wondering what is in the fun packs? Let me try to remember as much as I can.. Must understand that it isn't like how I got it... things get used and most importantly, things get eaten up. Haha.

  • Sling Bag [The fun pack basically]
  • Food: Chipsmore cookies, Pack of biscuits, small pack of twisties sample, a large bag of chips & small pack of peanuts from Tong Gardens, Wood's lozenges
  • Drinks: A bottle of water, bottle of Newater, a packet of Chrysthantemum tea and a packet of isotonic drink
  • Cap [that can be lit]
  • A Singapore Flag (with s stand)
  • An electric fan (with batteries)
  • A 'torch', which was actually a simulated Nokia phone
  • A bottle of Axe Brand medicated oil
  • Packet of Tissue
  • Reading materials: Magazine (think it's iWeekly), a NDP pictorial book
  • A trash bag
  • BONG BONGS! (in case you don't know what those are, they are long plastic which you blow up and 'clap' with instead of using your hands. And they go 'bong' 'bong'. Haha)

I think that was all in the fun pack. Pretty heavy. Yes.

And so, the stadium gradually began to fill up...

Let the pre-parade begin!

Deyi Secondary School Band display.. and dancers on balloons...
Credits: The Mat, 2006

readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-