Updates: Thursday, August 03, 2006

It seems like I haven't been updating much about what I've been up to... but then again, my life is pretty boring. Nothing much interesting to blog about. Oh well. But then, this place is about the documentation about my life. So, I should document down the happenings of my life, as boring as it may be. Haha. Perhaps a little peak into what on earth I've been up to, especially to my non-coursemates *smiles*
Life Documentation
18 - 19 July 2006, Tuesday - Wednesday
When a book suddenly comes to life... it sure is a wonderous feeling. And I mean literally coming to life. Yes. Imagine reading all kinds of stuff written by her.. from books to journals, from lecture notes to written reports... a name that used to only appear on paper and especially in the references is suddenly standing in-person right in front of you. Wow. wow. wow.
We had a two day intensive course/workshop with Dr. Carolyn Baum and it certainly was an eye opener for most of the time. And thanks to her, the flame of passion is once again burning strongly. How long that flame will stay strong... I'm not too sure. Haha.
Yet, somehow, although each time that flame inside seems to diminish to near-extinguishment, it never seems to totally go out; I guess perhaps, there are always people around that simply knows how to rekindle that flame and not let it die. Thank you. It sure makes life much better with a stronger light. =)
Anyhows, have been noticing something which is really bugging me. That is Crocs-lookalike that costs as cheap as $5.90.
Seriously! Come on... I mean, its not the design that makes it expensive, unlike most branded stuff. Crocs is expensive because of its material, which makes it GOOD. The Original Croc [The Beach model] is designed with advanced toe-box ventilation system, ergonomic styling, with wide and roomy foot bed. Its unique croslite PCCR material makes it slip-resistant, non-marking soles, anti-microbial, odour resistant, and weights only ounces and is also buoyant.

This is why many people recommend it, especially to the elderly and healthcare workers. Because it is slip-resistant *trust me. I can literally sprint on a rainy day*, its good for the older adults in fall prevention. Also, with its anti-microbial material, it proves as a suitable shoe for HC workers who are often exposed to such agenst, and surgeons to wear it even in operating theatres. It's orthotic bed gives the shoe extra comfort when one is required to stand long hours...

So really. It isn't the design. Nor the colour. Nor because it is made of plastic and looks cool. It is the function of the shoe that is really worth the money. So think twice before buying a look-alike one. You are just only buying it coz it looks like it. Not because it functions like it. Bleah.

And how to tell if its a fake... No. 1. There must be the official logo of Crocs [the crocodile] at the sides. No. 2. There is the name "Crocs" on the heel strap. The fakes don't have it. :p

Okays... next. My dog recently has been shaved. Fur was getting too long. Kinda not like him... unfury. Haha. Looks so ugly. Yet, no matter what happens, he never fails to ACT cute! Seriously.

So here is Max busy eating his breakfast - bread. He has such a good life. I want to be dog next time. Eat. Sleep. Shit. Bark a little. Get tummy rubs. Get good food. That's life. Haha.

27 July 2006, Thursday

Met up with my sister to catch a movie. Had an early dinner before the show... and we decided that we should really try out for once, eating at the nice ambience outdoor area.

My view from the table I sat. Interesting huh? Can you guess where I am? Haha. Bet ya can't!

Here's a clue.

Can guess it? Yupz. It's the Marina Square. For once I can sit outdoors and not worry about getting cancer from all that 2nd hand smoke. Thank you so much! And I could enjoy my favourite food at the Marina Square foodcourt... so happy!

3 August 2006, Thursday

Went to get dinner today on my way back home. Decided that I should be not lazy and walk to the Plaza to get rice for dinner, instead of just eating instant noodles. After da-pao-ing my dinner, I went the other way and walked back home. Suddenly, things caught my attention.

OMG!!!!! Do you see what I see????

The cows are here!!!! Moooooooooooooo... Soooooooooooo happy!!! I was so excited that I didn't know what to do. Just stood there staring at the cows, contemplating whether to abduct one home. Hahahaha. Finally the moo-moos are back!! Haven't seen them around and ta-da! They have migrated to this patch of grass... near my house!

So exciting!!! So cute!!! So mooooooooooo-ish!!! Moove Media Rocks!!! Cows... cows... cows... wonderful cows! Haha. I think I'm losing control. Think I should pay a visit to them everyday on my way home, even though it is SO out of the way. Seeing them really makes my day. SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! Cows! Moo! Cows! Moo!

MOOooooooooo

readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-