Finally an update: Sunday, November 12, 2006
I think it's been the longest time since I've updated my blog. A record breaking interval between two posts. Well, I did have a VERY long posting about the past 2 weeks and two movie reviews (Death Note and The Prestige) which I caught over the weeks. However, due to unforseen circumstances, the posting some how got 'lost' in the midst of publishing and I was really upset and angry at blogger. Hence, I was somehow reluctant to post for some time.
But now, seeing how dead and mossy and dusty my blog has become, I guess I'll just drop a short note to tell everyone that yes, I'm still alive. Barely. Internship has been going alright, but as usual, the problem always lies with me. I haven't been doing as well as expected, and each week I'm being told that I need to improve more to meet the average standards. Also, I'm being told that I'm timid and quiet... which once again isn't a new thing coming from supervisors. Sigh. It's a vicious cycle.
The environment over at my placement is pretty good. Everyone's nice and friendly.. and supervisor has been understanding and giving me quite a fair bit of autonomy. Even a staff commented that I'm like a permanent staff there already. Haha. Far from it... I feel so unqualified. And just imagine.. in another few more months we'll all be like expected to be practitioners. Like how is that ever possible?!?! I'm so unprepared for the real world and so unqualified. Worst of all... so dumb and hopelessly useless.
Like someone said to me before..."You're lucky you have one more year than your peers. You have one more year to prepare yourself, while they are out there." I suppose it is a blessing in disguise if you look at it from this perspective. But then again, what difference does it make when I am just simply not up to the mark? I'm not even sure if I can barely make it through to graduate in this final year. Sigh.
So right now, busy with the patients, cases, presentations, projects and on top of it, I've got a sick dog at home. I'm not too sure what's wrong with him, but I seriously have my doubts about the diagnosis from the vet. Haha... So been monitoring his status and hopefully we don't need to send him to the hospital. Get well soon my doggie!
Alrights. More to come... when there's 42 hours a day. Hahahaha












