A New Discovery: Tuesday, January 30, 2007
I'm dyspraxic. And I only found out today. Sigh.
Received feedback regarding my performance during last semester's practical/viva and realise that I lost marks mainly on handling skills. Learnt that it wasn't because I didn't know what to do but rather I wasn't able to motor plan in that short period of time and hence I was "... all over the place".
And then she talked about dance... well, I do admit that sometimes I do have to consciously motor plan certain dance steps that I don't usually do, but other than that dancing certainly is very much easier than handling skills. So hurt when she said about her guessings about my dancing, because as much as I'm not a very good dancer, I know its not because I'm dyspraxic but because I just simply lack the makings of a good dancer. At least I can play the piano. Haha.
Then I thought about it awhile and then came to an absurd conclusion that perhaps this dyspraxia I have is acquired. Just as how wisdom can be 'spread' through social interaction, perhaps dyspraxia could be too! Hahaha. So pompy and hipporu... can I still be in your dyspraxia club? Maybe I should consider being far far far way from you all? Hahahaha...












