An update..Finally: Thursday, March 01, 2007

It has been a really long while since I've blogged. Guess the usual reasons apply... Nothing 'happening' in my life because of limited social life, school taking up most of my time, and tons of assignments and work that needs to be done over the festive season. Yeah.

Now that two assignments are down... I do have some little time to blog, as well as to edit my blog skin just a little. Hahaha. I'm loving these guys!! Hoops and Yoyo! Blog blog blog blog blog... Haha.
Anyway, I suppose the most happening thing that happened recently was the briefing that I attended a few hours ago. Was a little stunt because I met another real-life book, and there's more that I will meet over there. Wow. Amazing. I'm really looking forward to the course, yet at the same time scared because of the unknown. Oh wells. The paradox of life.
But really... time passes really quickly as one grows older. Looking back, three years is long; yet it seems really short at the same time. In another few more weeks, most of my classmates will become practitioners. Something I find really unbelievable.... because if I were them, I would really have a lot of doubts on myself. That's why I now truly understand when he said to me that I was lucky to have one more year than my peers. *smiles*
Alrights. A quick update on what's been happening...
Update No. 1: Stuff Animals

Spotted these animals at Carrefour and thought that it would be good to get them for Max (my dog) since it was really cute and price was reasonable. Besides, he had murdered 3 other bears already and has run out of animals to 'kill'. Haha. And so, we got the leopard and bear for him.

First animal at the slaughter house was Mr. Leopard. Unfortunately, he went missing in less than 2 days! Really don't know where on earth he went, or where did Max misplaced him... Then I just assumed it somehow gotten into the rubbish chute by mistake. So it was another trip to Carrefour to get a replacement (because I can't bear to give Mr. Teddy to Max... He's just too irresistable for me!)

So now Max has Mr. Leopard 2. And I'm proud to say that Max has learnt to care for other animals....and Mr. Leopard 2 is still living, with no visible injuries yet. Hahaha.


Update No. 2: Art Therapy Workshop

03 February 2007, Saturday

Attended an art therapy workshop held at Furama Hotel, along with Hipporu and Nightstar. Was taken aback by the 'grandness' of the course from the moment we stepped into the venue. We were like, "Wah...." and thought "Are we under-dressed?" Haha.

Anyway, the course was... alright. Nothing really beneficial except for a few theories and strategies. Other than that, it was really a waste of $. 100 bucks for the day workshop!!! I'm so broke I tell you. But at least we got good food... Haha. We had good tea and mucnchies, as well as fingerfood. Not forgetting the buffet, which we really had our fill... and then, most importantly, deserts!!

Yummy! Haha! I had 2nds of the desserts. Simply irresistable! *grin*


Update No. 3: Chinatown during CNY

03 February 2007, Saturday

After the art therapy workshop, headed to nearby Chinatown to meet my parents. Hmm... realised that I really didn't look forward to this year's CNY. Not sure why... Maybe I'm just in those 'I-want-to-be-alone' kind of mood. *shrugs*

Yup. So got myself a small luggage first... Mum went shopping for shirts for my bro who's going to have his ITP (think its some attachment. haha) And then mum wanted to buy some flowers.

Singapore is really over-crowded. Haha.

14 February 2007, Wednesday

Headed to Chinatown once again. This time with Hipporu and Shuttersnap. Felt kind of extra but it was a nice experience. Hee. Shuttersnap wanted to take pictures of bustling Chinatown during the festive season, while Hipporu was in-charge of bringing us around.

Realised there were many places at Chinatown that sold stuff that catered to the younger people now. Haha. What a mountain tortoise I am!

Yup. We walked around... looked at clothes... had dinner.... walked around...got a little lost... found our way...got squashy in the crowds... watched a little getai...

Had a good time with them... and got myself a new pair of shorts too! Yeah!

But then... thinking that it was 14th February... I said to Hipporu "寂寞的季节"....

Update No. 4: Librarians on Strike... AGAIN?!


Yeah. It's happening once again. The last time we thought the librarians had gone on a major strike was a few months back. Now that the impending deadline for written assignments drew nearer, the more anxious and hardworking we became. But conversely, the librarians seemed to take on a more "lazze fairre" roles. Seriously.... aren't they paid? Or has the school not been paying them? Haha.

All I can comment is that it looks MUCH worst now. Bleah.

Good luck to us for the exams. Sigh.



Update No. 5: Fettish for Totoro

This absoultely adorable plush pin belongs to Nightstar... of which I will keep kidnapping it! I just can't resist! It's soooooooooo cute and fuzzy and small and fury and grey and... you get hte picture. Don't you think that this creature (chinchilla) is just IRRESISTABLE?!

I'm loving it! I'm crazy over it! But...I don't have it. At least Nightstar allows me to kidnap it. Haha... And it does return to its owner without any ransom paid. LoL.

Update No. 6: Practical at the Pool

Had our first practical session at the pool... It seemed like lots of fun and we were all looking forward to it. We also planned the session well, with activities that included Tai Chi and Water Aerobics. It was a fun practical session.... only problem it was really cold. What can you expect? 8am in the pool! Brrrr....
Initial Tai-Chi as warm up led by J-jie, Pompy, Nightstar and myself was tiring for us (at least) and we managed to reach target heart rates for our client group. Then we had Water Aerobics which was fun as well. Hee... But we had 魔鬼教练 ZZ!! Hahaha... However, it was because of her that made is really funny and enjoyable at the same time!
Then he took over the session and made us do stuff like run on the land, drag your floating partner and... highlight of the session: Captain's Ball!
Quick-witted and cunning Shuttersnap managed to make him participate. Wahaha. He's not bad... though think he got really exasperated of the team he is leading that he ended up losing his 仪态 and 形象. *Chuckles*

Update No. 7: 暗恋桃花园

23 February 2007, Friday

Today's the first time I attended a non-english stage drama/musical. Got to know about this play through Pompy's invitation. Although it was hectic week, because of the amount of work he needs to be done (impending DEADline)... felt that it was important to take a break.

So the play we went to watch was The Secret Love in Peach Blossom Land (暗恋桃花源), staged by a Taiwanese company. In a veyr brief summary, this play is about two very different drama companies rehearsing for their performances. The only problem was that there is only one stage. It seemed like the manager of the performance hall had double-booked them.
One company was trying to stage 暗恋, a classic love story set in the post-war years till modern time; the other was trying to stage 桃花园, a traditional hokkien comedy based on a fisherman who was cuckolded and stumbled upon Peach Blossom Land when he tries to attempt suicide.
I really really really enjoyed the play.... because I had a great laugh. The play was SUPER funny! Haha.. It's so hard to describe the comedy and funny dialogues...unless you've watched it for yourself. It's a really highly recommended must-watch by me... but then, they ended on the 24th of Feb. Only a 2-night performance. Those who have missed it.... hmm....
My only regret was that I although I am Hokkien, I'm pretty sure you all know my Hokkien standards... as well as Mandarin too. Ya. So more than half the time I'm reading subtitles. Haha. So if I could understand more of Hokkien, I think I would have rolled on the floor laughing.
And just for Elain...
"放轻松。。。放轻松。。。"
"我死。。。我死。。。我死。。。"
Wahahahahahahahaha



readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-