Updates!: Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm alive. Yes I am. I don't exactly have much to do, I have a lot of time but it seems I'm not blogging as much as I'm supposed to. Guess nothing much happening these days. Oh wells.

Just a quick update before I go off for a short trip. Hee !

I watched 3 movies in 2 weeks. That's a big change for a start. I can't even remembered if I watched any movies this year until recently. So I caught 28 weeks later with euphie, Priceless with xy, sj, jo & sh, and Pirates with my sister.

I probably should have blogged about movie reviews... but then.. haha. Lazy and kind of unmotivated since I don't know how useful and boring they are. Just a VERY quick summary of these 3 movies:

1. 28 weeks later - 4/5 stars. [Moral of the day: Make sure you ensure your company has watched the prequel before the sequel; if not you'll end up explaining the entire previous movie while the new one is screening. Haha.]

2. Priceless - 3/5. I may have been bias since romance just isn't my thing. Action, thrillers and horror are my kind of movies. *grins* But anyhow, think the French crew didn't do a very good job in terms of photography, though script was brilliant. Tatou's performance was somewhat not outstanding, but the lead actor was excellent. Shy & charming. Who can resist charm? Haha.

3. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - 4.5/5. Fatt's character and performance was somewhat disappointing. I would have expected much more from him. Plot was confusing, maybe cause I couldn't really remember what happened in Black Pearl previously. But its still worth a 4.5 for its excellent and amazing visual & special effects, along with Depp's never-failing outstanding performance in Pirate.

Yup. That's all for movies. For now.

Next... Have been busy at school for awhile. Kind of helping out here and there since I've really got nothing much to do. So was back in school on Monday to help out with interviews. Please do not faint/vomit/puke blood when you watch the interviews. Seriously I have no idea what I was doing and neither do I know how on earth to PROMPT. Ask me about computer prompts. I'm much more familiar with that!

So, for our services rendered, he offered to cook Penang Prawn Mee (I think that's what it was called) for dinner... in our very own lab. Yes, we do have labs that have a rather well equipped kitchen. Surprise! Haha.

Didn't catch him in action, along with his 'daughter' R cooking the noodles together. Was busy over at the other lab fretting over what to do and trying really hard to absorb and concentrate. Dinner was served... Supper. Haha. It was almost 9 when I got the chance to sit down to eat.

Ratings for the cooking 3.5/5. Rather salty... and found out it was R who added more salt after he add. I wanted it to be more spicy but the chilli was at the other side of the table, and I was paiseh to disrupt. Haha. I had second helpings though. Soup was good.. just salty. If not, ratings would go up to at least a 4!

And today is ZQ's dinner celebration @ Wild Rocket. A VERY VERY eventful journey to that place that I shall not complain now as I want to talk more about the food. Shall rant about it when I come back. Just note that I have like 6 blisters now. Ouch. Sobs.

A really small and ulu place... 40 seater i think and its a 'must-reserve-seats' kind of place. Haha. Not too sure but while we were there it was pretty full. Ambience not bad, but I think can be really much better. They should make use of the veranda/open space and not confine the entire place in curtains.


Then it felt like christmas because those who went on short trips came back with stuff for us. So many presents. Haha. Thank you Pompy, Ahma, Jo & Hui for everything! Woo! MORE COWS!!!!
Food on the menu is rather limited. Just a few pages and each page probably a handful of dishes. But all that we ordered, 8 pastas & 1 lamb... was good.

And this was what I had for dinner...

Grilled Tofu with Baby Spinach... [Can't remember the full name]

It was good. Dressing tasted unique, not the conventional kind of dressing. Think this had bean paste in it... I'm not too sure. Tofu was grilled just right and the entire thing blended well. Spinach didn't taste as raw as I expected it to be.

Crabmeat Linguini.... [once again I cannot remember the full name]

The pasta was cooked al dente... Great! Portion was a little much for me but at least still manageable. I've probably grown to a enormous monster already that's why I could finish it all. I'm not a seafood person as you all know and so, if this can gain my recognition then it must be something good. Haha. It was quite good... buttery sweet. A little more spice would have made it perfect!

Now... here's the most important part. DESSERTS!! Yesh!! That's the purpose of going there...at least my purpose. Haha...

Because was really full so shared with Ahma the ultimate sin: Chocalate Gateau with Vanilla Ice Cream.

One word: Heavenly. The aroma itself makes your mouth water... then you slowly slice it into halves and the chocolate just oozes out. Mmmmmm.... I can still taste it now! Haha... It was slightly crisp on the outside, moist in the inside and most importantly.. the chocolate. Oh the chocolate! Ma ma mia! GOOOOOOD. Thick and sweet. Just right sweet. And top it with vanilla ice cream..... oh man. Nothing can ever go wrong. This is a definite must try. That's why this place is a definite must-go-again place! Haha.

I don't want to think about the many kilometers I need to run. Sigh.

I'll blog more about the other food when I get the pictures!

Don't miss me too much people. I know you will. Hahaha. I'll be back real soon =)
readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-