Class Gathering!: Monday, June 11, 2007

Someone has been constantly bugging me to blog about the class gathering so that she can copy and paste *chuckles* You know how I always aim to be a small fry, a.k.a. Ikan Bilis... And I don't like to disclose much about myself (as much as I try to) but it seems that its rather hard now as time goes by. Haha... Worst of all, I only came to know that those people at level 5, and who knows the one at level 4, reads student blogs. I seriously hope this site hasn't appeared before their computer screen. Sigh` So much for trying to be Ikan. Okays. On to the post... which is posted for the sake of *ahem* you-know-who. Hahaha.
Aspire Cafe
8 June 2007, Friday
7-11pm
Have been organising this class gathering like... for some time now and finally it has come and gone. The morning was still in school for a meeting regarding some research that we've done and compiling everything. Then it was a mad rush to finish the souvenir for the class... with the help of Hippo, Pompy and Real, managed to complete it all in about 3 hours plus.
We stayed in the discussion room after the meeting to do the souvenirs, though technically we started when he was still in discussion with Hippo. Haha... And luckily, we never got chased out by other lecturers; only that he kept checking in and wondering why we were still in the room and also got visited by a level 5 lecturer. Haha... Oh, and not forgetting to mention how we all each took turns to use the staff toilet because we can't get out to use the non-staff toilet.... you should see how scared we were and waiting for the coast to be clear. LoL!
Okays. Then headed to Aspire Cafe by bus 13, as recommended by Legendary... only to find out from Nightstar AFTER we got onto the bus that the ride was estimated to take 55 mins and there was quite a bit of walking to do. We even thought we would be very early.. but it seemed the bus ride did take almost exactly an hour. Hahaha... And the Legendary was late -_-" Okay, she must be forgiven coz her heart was talking to her and she had to visit the cardiologist and spent $500 (which was cheap after the guy beside her paid $15,000. Haha!)
The caterer was at the cafe earlier... and as the person-that-was-suppose-to-pay them, I was not there and so they allowed me to pay them after the event. How nice they were... even prepared takeaway boxes for us and wished us fun at the party!
And so, the whole gathering... we were rather involved in eating. I must say the food from KCK Catering was rather good.
Took some votes from 3 other classmates to choose the final menu and.... here is the menu for the night:
Sin Chow Fried Bee Hoon
Mixed Vegetables
Kung Po Fish Fillet
Beef Rendang
Honey Baked Chicken Drumlets
Seafood Tofu
Fried Scallop
Almond Jelly
Chocolate Eclairs
Orange Cordial (which became Fruit Punch)
and most importantly....
The Highly Demanded Oat/Cereal Prawns!
(seriously don't know the different between oat and cereal prawns. haha)
Most of it was good (though I didn't touch the prawns & fish.. you know... I'm not a fan of fresh seafood). The beef rendang was rather disappointing and the eclairs were quite terrible =P
Food aside, we were mostly kept busy the entire night.. leaving the games committee rather free in the end. Ooopps.... Haha. I didn't do it on purpose nor intentionally...didn't realise it would take so much of everyone's time!

Busy Busy Busy... As Always.


The Souvenir!

Yup. This is the souvenir I (with the help of Pompy, Hippo & Real) had prepared for everyone... its just a card that allowed everyone to leave a message for you... Nothing really fantastic, but just thought it would be nice to have someone write something for you. Though it was quite a debate over whether we were Class of 2004 or Class of 2007. Haha... Now, that doesn't really matter cause those people, especially level 4, has a file of all our pictures when we were Year 1. Unfortunately, we gave photos of ourselves that wasn't the most glamourous ones since we thought.. what the heck.. it wasn't really important. Only to find out only THAT photographs we gave will be kept for eternity. OMG..... Really have this urge to re-submit a much better one. Haha.


This is the collage at the front of the card...

Spot me?! Hahaha...

I don't really have much photos to post here as the quality of the photos were not very good. Was quite occupied the night and my camera was being passed around... So yeah. Haha.. My photography skills aren't THAT bad (look at previous post), so.... I guess organiser and photographer combination isn't the most efficient one. Haha.

Anyways, as the camera was being passed around... there's bound to be photo-hoggers. Hahaha.. Yesh. Need not say more... spot the similarities. Hahaha...



One of the photos of the night that has me in it!
After all the food and writing, we finally managed to get down to playing game! Yup... We were praised for being smart for solving the game really fast. *grins*

But yours truly didn't get a chance to be part of this game because I was more busy settling things...

I seriously propose that my position as finance manager to be reconsidered... look at how long it took me to figure out how much $$ I had and how much I was actually SHORT. Sigh`. Then after everything was settled... we had a heart warming though short (due to time constraints) speech by our class reps since 2004...


And we all listened attentively... =)

Hoped everyone had enjoyed themselves. Apologies to the games people who didn't get a chance to flaunt their planning, creativity and skills... And thank you all for coming!


readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-