Yes.. I do need motivation to blog too!: Tuesday, June 19, 2007
With much time in my hands.... I don't seem to be blogging as much as I could and should be. Haha. Looks like blogging has become a weekly thing..which is somewhat a good improvement I suppose. Alright. Updates about what has happened since Aspire...
Finally...to East Coast Park!
Yes! After such a long wait, I finally headed to ECP to cycle! The last time I went to ECP was in JC where we had our road run over there. Goodness.. that's like donkey years ago. Was super late as I was having A LOT of problems with the visa application and really wanted to settle everything before I left the house. Sigh`. Hope all goes well...
And so, went cycling on Wednesday with`Rui and Pompy... was quite fun since I haven't cycled in a very long while. While Pompy and I cycled, she bladed; most of the time she was on her own, and we kinda made fun of her of correcting her stance, posture and movements to look more pro. Hahaha....
Cycled to one end of the ECP... and headed to the other side of the park. Took a break somewhere in between as we were tired already. Ended up betting a cup of soya bean milk in Australia.... what is this bet about? Haha... It shall remain a secret between those present that day. But I'm pretty sure Pompy and I will win the bet... CI = 98%. LoL!
Basically enjoyed the breeze, 'speed', sun, sea, and company... Here are some pictures I took while we were resting. A few of my favourites but don't feel they are as good as my previous works. Haha.
Came across this Cable Ski Park... which is sort of like water skiing in a pond without boats. Basically you are being dragged/towed (or whatever the term it should be) by cables that are hung all over the pond. Interesting invention... and considering how limited space (land and water) we have in our country, this certainly gives us some form of 'spice' to our array of leisure/sporting activities.
After all the exercise, managed to convince `Rui NOT to have MacDonalds... yes... it will defeat the purpose isn't it? Headed to Subway instead... Pompy left first to head home to wait for email... no thanks to the immigration *rolls eyes*
And we waited SUPER SUPER long for our sandwich because 1. there was only one person on shift at the entire store. 2. there were many people hence a long queue. 3. the only staff present that day was certainly unable to cope with the 'crowd' nor multitask nor plan ahead. One more point to note and I was really appalled that such a behaviour would actually be observed at the renowned Subway... I wonder how they ever got their A *ponders*
Well.. the staff was preparing the sandwiches with gloved hands... well, that is right. But using the same gloved hands he handled money and the cashier with those hands... in glove. OMG. And he didn't change his gloves even AFTER handling the money. Was kinda disgusted... but no choice.. my sandwich already made and I didn't want to make such a big fuss etc. etc. etc.
Oh wells. So while waiting in the not-so-long-but-super-long queue... photo-hogging! But only one came out...okay. Haha...
And she said I must then end the post with ...
It's ECP Again!
Yep.. The very same week I was at ECP for the second time... this time around is for dinner. Met up with zee for dinner and was driven to the park by her. We had turkish food! That's my second time having turkish food and I must say I enjoyed it this time around as well.

Just take a look at the food and you'll see how can you not enjoy it!! Hmm... there's the mixed dip with the bread which was great. Some of the dips were good while some I didn't really enjoy. Had the chicken wrap which was gooooooood. I loved that! And the dish (bottom left), not sure what it is called but its beef wrap too...with rice and vegetables. It was good too just that if the beef was a little more tender it would have been just great!

MOVIES!
Yes... more movies for me this time around. Its the June holidays and I suppose that's why so many 'Part 3s' are being released and so many blockbusters are hogging the screens of the cinema theatres.
Caught Ocean 13 on Wednesday after cycling at ECP with my sister over at Cathay. Totally embarrassed myself when I bought the tickets by saying to the ticket counter "Ocean 11 please" *faints* And he smiled and replied "You mean Ocean 13?" Don't know where to hide my face I tell you!

Anyways, shall cut short about the movie reviews since I really really don't know who ever reads them... plus there are many professional reviews written by famous people all over on the web so I shan't try to act like them and just stick to short and sweet.
If you've watched Ocean 11 & 12... then I need not say more to recommend Ocean 13. Indeed it does follow on the story of basically robbing casinos...but this time around in 13, its much more sophisticated. With the advancement in technology, we can only say that its a rat race to who has the best and latest gizmos and the bottom line of it all is that technology itself indeed is full or ironies and paradoxes.
We can live without technology; that's how people in the history lived. But we can't live without it...isn't it? Technology was created to make our lives simple, efficient and do the many things which Man cannot; but then it also can create enormous havoc and chaos in our lives...
Just when we think we have the most perfect system.... there's always someone, or in this case some people, better than that system. I guess in the end, it is Man who created technology and hence will somehow find a way to beat that system.
So basically, that's what Ocean 13 is all about. Robbing casino equipped with the state of the art technology and security system , with unbelievable tactics and technology as well.
Storyline aside, the cast is as the previous Ocean... nothing short of a star-studded cast, alongside with supporting roles played so convincingly and importantly.

This time around you have Brad Pitt & Matt Damon in 13... who are eye-candies for most of the audiences I suppose. But nothing beats THE man... George Clooney! Haha... and of course, not forgetting Al Pacino!
I give them a 4 star! Yup yup!
Caught another movie yesterday on my own... since I'm really dying to watch it and have been putting it off due to unforseen circumstances... told myself I MUST catch it regardless of whether I have company or not. Hey... who says one cannot watch movie alone?!
Read the reviews about Davind Fincher's film - Zodiac, and I really got attracted to it... and I must say the 2.5 hours in the cinema all alone was really worth it.

I shan't write more about the film... because you can check out their official website. There's the story, trailer, cast etc. all in there. And the review written on it is simply whatever I feel.. so you can check it out here
Basically, in a very short summary, the film follows the life of people involved in this serial murder case and how they get so engrossed in solving it and how it gradually engulfs them, affecting their lives. Based on a true story, a serial killer who calls himself Zodiac claims to be responsible for a series of unsolved murders in the States. But the real question is.... did he really do it? Exactly how many murders has he committed? Or did he just seeked the attention he was getting?
In the end, till today, the case still remains open and unsolved... with the prime suspect and only suspect being dead due to a heart attack.
It is really interesting to see how something like a murder case can take over the lives of the people around it. The story really holds your attention throughout the 2.5 hours and as an audience, you are being thrown with all the clues and scenes and yet, like the characters themselves, you are never close to solving the mystery.
Unlike most movies, this doesn't really have an ending; which in reality, really doesn't have. But its the process that is really captivating.
Not just the story, plot and script, the film isn't just set in the 70s. It is like a film from the 70s. From the makeup, dressing, props... to even the photography. Everything about it is 70s that it doesn't need any more conviction from the audience that everything happened back in 1966 onwards.

Along with a very strong cast with marvelous performance, such as Gyllenhaal (I'm sure you remember him.. the guy in Brokeback Mountain. Haha), Ruffalo, Robert Downey Jr, and Anthony Edwards (yes! The ER man!)... along with a few brief but yet powerful and captivating appearances by a few actors (like Brain Cox)... Zodiac is really a good movie. Worth all the time and energy spent.
4.5 stars for it!












