Almost a month...: Saturday, August 04, 2007
Almost a month has passed... School has started and already going into Week 3 of the semester. The subjects are rather manageable as most of it has been covered during the course of study in Singapore. However, I have to keep reminding myself about keeping an open and humble mind, and take this year as a 'revision' and to cover more width and depth.
Got to know pretty much most of the international students in the OT course of the cohort that I just joined in. They're quite friendly, and got to know them quite a bit. However, yet to actually mix around with the local students here. Not sure if it's us or them or both, but I seriously wonder if they realise we are new here. Haha. Came across a really rude local student on the 2nd day of school which kind of 'broke my heart', as I had come to Sydney expecting the local students to be friendly, forthcoming and accepting.
Lecturers here are alright. I guess probably I'm still trying to adapt to the various 'angmoh' accents and so, sometimes I find it really hard to stay awake in class. Not that I don't have enough sleep, but because it's either I really don't know what is going on, or that the materials being covered are really... I shan't elaborate.
I'm also getting used to the cold now... don't feel as miserable as compared to when I first arrived. The weather is getting pretty hectic now... temperatures are rising, well, at least during the afternoons. Temperatures at night is rather hectic... sometimes as low as 7, and sometimes as high as 16 degrees. But it's okay. I've gotten used to the cold, and now that I've received my parcel from Singapore, I'm much more equipped. Haha. Actually, I'm kind of dreading the coming Summer as I'm really starting to love the cold and coolness.... something you really don't get in Singapore at all! Now I'm wishing the weather remains like that for the whole year. Haha...
Still trying to get some routine into my life... cooking duties, cleaning duties, doing my own chores and most importantly, religiously preparing lunch for school each day. Sounds easy but its not! Each evening, or sometimes in the afternoon even before dinner, have to start thinking what to pack to school the next day. Sigh. I do hope my bad point about being a picky eater will be changed here more. I'm still trying... but it's something that is quite hard for me. Tactile and olfactory sensitive. LoL! But I shall perservere...
I don't know if its the big change in my lifestyle (though I try as much to minimise the changes) that cause me to have such a drastic change. Not for the better... at least I'm sure it isn't; but rather, being very short-tempered, unreceptive and aggressive. Sigh. I don't know what has gotten in me, but I do know that I work best alone. Working in groups always proved some challenge to me, especially if I'm working people who have really different working styles with me. But I always keep reminding myself to always take a step back and listen to other members' opinions and ideas, and not to be so egocentric.
Yet, now I find myself being aggressive, defensive and superly against my group members unknowingly. And in retrospect, I don't know what had gotten into me and I know that each time, by the time I realise I've become 'that' person, it seemed to be so late. I've hurt my friends I hold close to my heart. Sigh. I'm truly apologetic yet I don't know how to say Sorry to them...
I really do hope its all these transitions that is unconsciously affecting me. I really don't wish to hurt the friendships that we've built over the 3 years and many years ahead to come. Sigh.
Anyway, thinking quite a lot of my family... wondering when my brother is going to Denmark and Sweden for his FYP (ARGH!! JEALOUS!!), if my sister is over-working herself, if anyone is updating my Dad's mp3 playlist and if my mum is coping alright without me arounf (or maybe she's all too happy? Oh no!)...if my dog is getting uglier or cuter. Hahaha... But luckily for internet! The wonders of technology once again.
Alright. My turn to cook dinner. This is my first time trying this dish out.. hope it turns out alright.
Got to know pretty much most of the international students in the OT course of the cohort that I just joined in. They're quite friendly, and got to know them quite a bit. However, yet to actually mix around with the local students here. Not sure if it's us or them or both, but I seriously wonder if they realise we are new here. Haha. Came across a really rude local student on the 2nd day of school which kind of 'broke my heart', as I had come to Sydney expecting the local students to be friendly, forthcoming and accepting.
Lecturers here are alright. I guess probably I'm still trying to adapt to the various 'angmoh' accents and so, sometimes I find it really hard to stay awake in class. Not that I don't have enough sleep, but because it's either I really don't know what is going on, or that the materials being covered are really... I shan't elaborate.
I'm also getting used to the cold now... don't feel as miserable as compared to when I first arrived. The weather is getting pretty hectic now... temperatures are rising, well, at least during the afternoons. Temperatures at night is rather hectic... sometimes as low as 7, and sometimes as high as 16 degrees. But it's okay. I've gotten used to the cold, and now that I've received my parcel from Singapore, I'm much more equipped. Haha. Actually, I'm kind of dreading the coming Summer as I'm really starting to love the cold and coolness.... something you really don't get in Singapore at all! Now I'm wishing the weather remains like that for the whole year. Haha...
Still trying to get some routine into my life... cooking duties, cleaning duties, doing my own chores and most importantly, religiously preparing lunch for school each day. Sounds easy but its not! Each evening, or sometimes in the afternoon even before dinner, have to start thinking what to pack to school the next day. Sigh. I do hope my bad point about being a picky eater will be changed here more. I'm still trying... but it's something that is quite hard for me. Tactile and olfactory sensitive. LoL! But I shall perservere...
I don't know if its the big change in my lifestyle (though I try as much to minimise the changes) that cause me to have such a drastic change. Not for the better... at least I'm sure it isn't; but rather, being very short-tempered, unreceptive and aggressive. Sigh. I don't know what has gotten in me, but I do know that I work best alone. Working in groups always proved some challenge to me, especially if I'm working people who have really different working styles with me. But I always keep reminding myself to always take a step back and listen to other members' opinions and ideas, and not to be so egocentric.
Yet, now I find myself being aggressive, defensive and superly against my group members unknowingly. And in retrospect, I don't know what had gotten into me and I know that each time, by the time I realise I've become 'that' person, it seemed to be so late. I've hurt my friends I hold close to my heart. Sigh. I'm truly apologetic yet I don't know how to say Sorry to them...
I really do hope its all these transitions that is unconsciously affecting me. I really don't wish to hurt the friendships that we've built over the 3 years and many years ahead to come. Sigh.
Anyway, thinking quite a lot of my family... wondering when my brother is going to Denmark and Sweden for his FYP (ARGH!! JEALOUS!!), if my sister is over-working herself, if anyone is updating my Dad's mp3 playlist and if my mum is coping alright without me arounf (or maybe she's all too happy? Oh no!)...if my dog is getting uglier or cuter. Hahaha... But luckily for internet! The wonders of technology once again.
Alright. My turn to cook dinner. This is my first time trying this dish out.. hope it turns out alright.












