Under Down Under: Saturday, February 09, 2008
I have returned from my 8 day trip at under down under - Tasmania. It was quite an enjoyable trip and if I had known Tassie was such a beauty, I would have gone there first and spent more time there instead of Brisbane and Sunshine Coast. Why would I have enjoyed it more?
Well, I guess it brought back so much memories of New Zealand as it really resembled that place, though I must say that the south island of middle earth is much more beautiful. However, Tassie has the similar kind of beauty to offer - Nature. Things that I know I will never get it from back home... Haha..
So, I am back and defrosted. Temperatures at Tassie was quite erratic... though it wasn't as bad as in Melbourne. Day temperatures ranged from 15 to 22 degrees, on a sunny day. Only thing was that we kept having rain/showers every now and then and temperatures at some places we went were as low as 8 degrees.
And guess what this globe trotter wanting to travel light wore - Shorts, Tee, Crocs, and luckily, a jacket (not a winter one!). So yes... I am very prepared for the winter in Sydney. I told Real that I can go to the beach in bikini in winter in Sydney now that I have survived the cold in Tassie so unprepared. Haha....
Anyway, places that I have been to at Tassie
Alright. Got to go now... time to face reality and get shtuff to eat.. the house is empty!
Well, I guess it brought back so much memories of New Zealand as it really resembled that place, though I must say that the south island of middle earth is much more beautiful. However, Tassie has the similar kind of beauty to offer - Nature. Things that I know I will never get it from back home... Haha..
So, I am back and defrosted. Temperatures at Tassie was quite erratic... though it wasn't as bad as in Melbourne. Day temperatures ranged from 15 to 22 degrees, on a sunny day. Only thing was that we kept having rain/showers every now and then and temperatures at some places we went were as low as 8 degrees.
And guess what this globe trotter wanting to travel light wore - Shorts, Tee, Crocs, and luckily, a jacket (not a winter one!). So yes... I am very prepared for the winter in Sydney. I told Real that I can go to the beach in bikini in winter in Sydney now that I have survived the cold in Tassie so unprepared. Haha....
Anyway, places that I have been to at Tassie
- Hobart, Launceston, Strahan, Rosemary etc..
- Port Arthur
- Wineglass Bay
- Bays of Fires
- Cataract Gorge
- Cradle Mountain
- Lake St. Clair
Alright. Got to go now... time to face reality and get shtuff to eat.. the house is empty!












