Mardi Gras 2008!: Friday, March 07, 2008

I decided that I should not procrastinate. My blog is seriously aging and filled with cyber cobwebs. Haha... Well, this time I shan't give any excuse. With sufficient time, I should have more entries than what I have now but each time I am determined to type a new entry, I am overwhelmed by the amount of photographs I have to go through and the torture of having to pick out the good photographs. This is what happens with technology advancing at such an alarming rate, where I can easily take thousands of photographs, as compared to the traditional 32 shots per role of film. It's never my fault isn't it? Haha...

Just a thought before I blog about Mardi Gras.. recently read someone's blog and left me quite a deep impression. Isn't my blog such a bore and uninteresting, where I am constantly ranting about my daily life (or at least I try to), whereas some blogs are filled with posts that give their opinions on news and shtuff, or their own personal works, such as poetry and art. Maybe I should seriously reconsider what I blog here... Reflects exactly how "deep" a person I am isn't it? LoL!

Alright. Over last weekend, I headed to the city for Australia's (and probably internationally) largest gay and lesbian event - Mardi Gras! Just a word of warning to readers, this post may contain photographs and videos that may be considered inappropriate to you. So unless you are accepting of gays and lesbians etc., please do no read further!


Mardi Gras 2008

Before the parade begins...

All the enthusiasm and anticipation for the pre-parade...


And here comes the water boys and girls! Woo!
*seriously, they ALL had amazing bodies!*

Float with very interesting Signs

Went to Mardi Gras with Sydney babe and we initially had a great spot in the front. We were sitting down waiting for the pre-parade to begin and suddenly, before we could react, everyone around us were rushing forward. The officials suddenly decided to 'extend out' our area and moved the barricade forward into the roads. And as you can guess, we lost our premium first row and ended up as second, thanks to our 'kiasu' instincts. Hahaha... To think we thought 'kiasuim' is found only in Singaporean blood. Check out those around us and the speed as which they moved. Seriously. I think it is an international phenomenon - 'Kiasuism'.

And the pre-parade begins...





Those with the $$ to afford these apartments overlooking Oxford Street





And the parade begins!! I've had a tough time picking out the 'appropriate' videos, as well as the photographs. I did pick out quite a few and in the end, those that you see are the videos that I found should be acceptable to be uploaded on blogger and not get into trouble with the law and shtuff. But alas, the amount of time and effort to upload the videos proven too tedious for me and these are really the ones I feel are worth to be uploaded. Haha... To think I picked out almost 15 videos!

Well, I guess I can say that I am a supporter of gays and lesbians, etc. since I am never against it. Love is just love. Why should there be right or wrong? And who is to decide which is right or wrong? I wonder...










Being in the second row instead of the first was indeed quite saddening. There goes the unobstructed view and the barricade to lean on.... And being a 'nice' person, I ended up being rather angry as the parade went on.

Well, angry because 好人没有好报! I can only say that I RELUCTANTLY gave up my second row spot to a middle aged auntie, who certainly is rather... conniving. She made her way from the back all the way to 3rd row, talking and chatting with everyone in the crowd. And she asked me if she could swap places with her since I am so 'tall'. I was SO reluctant because I have been standing there for almost over two hours already. And I didn't move from my spot but she just squeezed herself in. What more can I do? It is a fact that I am taller than she is and she is older than I am...

And there she goes, waving like mad at all the performers, further blocking my view... my camera view (despite me lifting it high!) and knocking into my camera. Argh!! I just went furious when her waving hand hit my camera and she didn't bother to aplogise. Seriously. Doesn't pay to be kind!

The Water Boys & Girls.. again!

A rather unexpected song to dance to!
Cute!


There were many cross dressers (or at least I think) and transexuals (seriously, some you just can't tell!). At the mention of them, I am sure you cannot miss those from Thailand. I seriously think they are still the best!



Even as a female, sometimes I can't help but be envious.... just look at them. More feminine and beautiful than some females... like me! :P

*They are guys... if I didn't remember wrongly!*

And to all the guys and gals... feast your eyes!!!
The Bay Watchers!



Grab your tissue... I think I see some drool on your face... Hahaha. But I have to admit, this was one of my favourite segment. Hot guys and girls... just desserts for thy eyes! Haha. However, poor little things... it was a rather cold night. But no effort was gone to waste. I'm pretty sure everyone in the crowd had their fill of desserts! *wink*

Presenting my top favourite segment for the night....


Loved the music actually... it was quite ironic to use this piece but yet, it seemed so appropriate. The deeper meaning beneath. The dance was also rather well done... one of the more uniform groups, who actually had a choreographed dance while parading.

And seriously, what a schnoodle I was. I totally forgot that the battery in the camera was low and even before the parade started, it went flat. Thank goodness I always bring a spare with me (except for that one time in Melbourne!! hahaha...batteries... batteries...batteries... *okay, insider joke!*). But alas, one spare battery, almost 4 hours of show time... you do the math. SIGH!

At the end of the parade, I was actually SO glad it was over. I think this is the first time I have stood so long at one position!! I mean, its not like I never walked for hours and hours but standing is so different, if you know what I mean. I'm swear my lower limbs swell because my shoes felt tight. All that pooling of blood... gosh!

And over 5 hours in the crowd without dinner... Sydney babe and I feasted as well!

Japanese Udon!

Feast for the eyes. Feast for the taste buds and stomach. What a great night!

Foot spa and massage... any sponsors?
readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-