Seriously?!: Tuesday, May 13, 2008
A new revelation....
In my frantic attempt to purchase the remaining air tickets to Perth, to visit my dears.... I learned something new.
The distance between Sydney and Perth isn't that much different from the distance between Perth and Singapore.
The flight from Sydney to Perth takes 5 hours.
The flight from Perth to Singapore takes 5 hours 20 minutes.
How do I digest this?! OMG.
Better still. The cost of flying from Perth to Singapore is comparable to the cost of flying from Sydney to Perth.
I don't get it. One is domestic flight. One is international. How can this be?!
Seriously... it has never ever daunted to me that Australia was THIS big. Although I do realise it is a CONTINENT by the way... never in my historical mind (I studied history) did I ever understood the size of this country I am in now.
Now I know...
In my frantic attempt to purchase the remaining air tickets to Perth, to visit my dears.... I learned something new.
The distance between Sydney and Perth isn't that much different from the distance between Perth and Singapore.
The flight from Sydney to Perth takes 5 hours.
The flight from Perth to Singapore takes 5 hours 20 minutes.
How do I digest this?! OMG.
Better still. The cost of flying from Perth to Singapore is comparable to the cost of flying from Sydney to Perth.
I don't get it. One is domestic flight. One is international. How can this be?!
Seriously... it has never ever daunted to me that Australia was THIS big. Although I do realise it is a CONTINENT by the way... never in my historical mind (I studied history) did I ever understood the size of this country I am in now.
Now I know...












