Spider Wars Episode II: The Attack of the Clones: Friday, May 16, 2008

I had barely 4 hours of sleep. Woke up to the sound coming from the bathroom (the ventilators in the bathroom aren't exactly 'soft'). Opened my eyes to check on the time. Without my glasses, I saw a dark spot on my wall, above my window.

****. Not again?!

Put on my glasses and turned to look at the dark spot again. Yes. Again. Nightmare replayed, but this time during the day. Sure, I panicked. But I was more angry than I was scared this time. Rearranged my things in preparation for the war. All I could think of in my head was

"Not again?! Why me? Why my room? What have I done? What did I do?"

This is the second time in barely...what.... 2 weeks? that a spider has entered my room. Mind you, not the kind you usually see, the small ones that run away pretty fast. Nor the kind that Garfield enjoys hitting with the newspaper. I am talking BIG. Like size of my palm big.

I kid you not. Spider Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. The first one... probably bigger than my palm. I freaked out. I panicked. I screamed. Yes I screamed. The only way I can rationally think it came in from was my ajar window/door. That should explain it, even though the gap could barely fit my pinky finger in. Luckily, my heroes saved me from it. A long and painful saga which only resulted in one thing - acquired phobia for spiders.

Which then unfortunately resulted in the development of obsessive sign, checking. Checking the walls every time I leave and come back to my room; checking the corners of the room every now and then; checking under my bed; checking the whole room before I go to bed; checking my bed before I get onto the bed; checking my room when I wake up.

I hate it!! I was never afraid of spider till that first one appeared in my room. I went to shower, came back into my room and turned on the lights.... ****!!!!!!!!

Ever since then, once the sun is setting I keep my windows/doors shut. Locked. I didn't care if I will die of the lack of oxygen. I'd rather be deficient in that than to allow the same thing to happen again. And I'm not a person who enjoys keeping the windows closed because it can get really suffocating at times.

But it happened still. Again.

I just don't get it. Seriously. Why my room only? What did I do or not do? I am sure the window was locked. How the **** did it get in??!!

At least this time I attempted to kill it. Because as much as I was scared, I was more angry. Angry at this whole scenario replaying again. Angry that I couldn't get my sleep. Angry that this is only happening to me. But it sure helps when you are still groggy from waking up. Nothing else really cares... you just want to sleep.

I am pissed. I am angry. More importantly, I am TIRED!

Decided that I must get to the bottom of this, I Goggled and tried to find answers. I don't understand how such a huge thing got in when my door was obviously shut and locked. I refuse to believe it came from within.... because....OMG. The horror of it if that was true. ****! Okay. It is not. I don't care.

So.... I can't exactly pin point the species, but it appeared to be a cob-web spider. I refuse to put such a disgusting picture on my blog. Go Goggle it and see for yourself... Tried to find out where they 'hang out' and if it is poisonous. Yes, it is, but not life-threatening. It usually 'hangs out' around windows. Okay. But I'm still not convinced. Why my room? There has got to be a reason... I mean, over 9 months since I've been here this is like the 1st and 2nd time this has occurred. There has got to be a logical explanation for it.

It rained previously on two occasions. It is autumn now, so it is colder. These bloody disgusting things came in to hide out from cold and rain. Sounds logical to me. Why my room? I don't understand.... but I think I have just found a logical reason:

"Many web-making spiders set up residence near lights that remain on at night."

I am usually the last one to sleep. Kind of make sense. Though the first time it happened, my room was unlit!

I can't solve this logically....

The illogical explanations I can conjure are: Bad luck. Bad luck. More bad luck.

Retribution? What.. the first spider that was killed sent messages in spider number 2's dreams to come in and create havoc again? 托梦? Seriously.

I can only hope it won't happen again, but I'm not counting on that. The glass is always half empty me, will continue checking and being afraid and jumping at every noise she hears at night.
All I can be thankful for, is that they've stayed near the window. I cannot imagine if they crawled around my room unnoticed. Or, the worst I can think of, crawling onto me in my sleep. OH ****!
readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-