Countdown: Saturday, June 28, 2008

In exactly 7 more days, I am due back in sunny island. I have been doing a little traveling around a place that I've started calling home. And I have been saying goodbyes to the places that I have become accustomed to. It can truly be heart wrenching.

How do I leave?

I am supposed to be happy to be returning to a place that I have lived for 22 years, a place called home. But yet, it's even more painful to be leaving this place. The irony of it.

I don't want to leave.

What sort of emotions and attitudes should I be having as I head to sunny island? Anticipation? Relief? Happy? How do I become responsible for someone else's life in just a few more days?

Sigh.

That aside, I have been making up for all the shopping I have not been doing for the past one year. Not that I enjoy shopping in the first place. I seriously don't understand how someone can ever consider shopping as a hobby. It's seriously a constant sensory overstimulating, scary and annoying experiences... well at least most of the time. But I've been getting non-stop requests to 'bring' things back to sunny island. And then, there's the souvenirs bit. Oh gosh... someone save me. I mean, technically, I'm here for studies and not for a holiday. So, do I still bring something back or do I not? If I don't that's going to be like, disappointing. But if I do, who should I give it to? And when I can't decide who to prioritize, how the hell do I bring back THAT many souvenirs?

Sigh.

But I guess I would save I have been fruitful. 3 days of going around, practicing photography and shopping, I've spent almost $300. Slightly less than half on myself and the rest for everyone. Hopefully that is more than enough.

And I think I must have offended someone or something. Bad luck has been coming my way. The parcels I paid for hasn't arrived and the people from the company have been avoiding me these past few days. #@$!%#@!##@%

Then, while bushwalking yesterday, I got poked by a thorny bush. And it is not my fault that my 'withdrawal' reflexes are still intact. They are reflexes for survival. Argh! And so, while my right upper limb reacted with sudden flexion of all the joints in my limb, my camera slipped out of the hand and fell to the ground.

Thank goodness my other reflexes were intact and I managed to save my dearest camera before it fell off the cliff into god-knows-where, and I will NEVER be able to find it again. Thought it survived the trauma, except for a few superficial scratches and wounds that would never heal. Until I reached my next destination did I realised it was faulty! %^$@##!$#@%

Now all my photographs have this tiny black spot. It is not something stuck on the lens. That I am 100% sure. All my photos and videos of my beautiful sceneries are RUINED. It's not a large spot but it's still there. Like a splinter in the eye.

Why does this have to happen like NOW?! I mean, 1 more week to go only. You have got to be kidding me. Argh! So I have decided to postpone my travel-cum-photography-practice to a later date to see if by some miracle or divine intervention, something can be done about my camera.

Save me!!!!!!!!
readers
credits: 1 2 copyright © a little memory
"♫Insert song title here!"
-