Bygones: Saturday, December 06, 2008
Does 'let bygones be bygones' really exist?
How some things are the way they are today really puzzles me. How is it possible for someone to have such a conscience and still live the way they live? Is there any feelings of apology? I guess not. Is there any feeling of remorse? Definitely not. Is there any feelings of kindness? Never.
Though I know I am not born into this world to please everyone, and there will always exist persons who do not share your views and agree with the way you live your life, there will always be some regrets you have of some people. That you wished that you could turn back the hands of time and changed the outcome of today.
But we all know that time travelling is not possible. What we can only do is live the day. Seize the day, Carpe Diem. So
Yet, it disgusts me to see the shadow constantly passing by me each day. How the person can continue to smile and laugh at others, yet be ugly creature with the turn of the head. How the person can hide such monstrosity within those smiles and laughter. How can each person around the person can foolishly fall into the trap of the conniving monster and its alike.
Have we evolved into beings that live this way? That there is no such thing as honesty, where living is putting on a mask whenever we face reality, whenever we face people. Is this what reality really is? What is then, real?
Each day, walking around with a mask. Deceiving the people all around. How can the person behind the mask live, I do not understand. How can the person being deceived not see behind that shining mask, I do not understand.
I tell myself to not let such person to steer my life. Yet, it is so difficult. Disgust fills me. Resentment sets in. Revolt overwhelms me. Sympathy flows out of me.
If I can be anything, I'd like to be an iceberg. Cold. Unfeeling. No more hurt. No more emotions.
How some things are the way they are today really puzzles me. How is it possible for someone to have such a conscience and still live the way they live? Is there any feelings of apology? I guess not. Is there any feeling of remorse? Definitely not. Is there any feelings of kindness? Never.
Though I know I am not born into this world to please everyone, and there will always exist persons who do not share your views and agree with the way you live your life, there will always be some regrets you have of some people. That you wished that you could turn back the hands of time and changed the outcome of today.
But we all know that time travelling is not possible. What we can only do is live the day. Seize the day, Carpe Diem. So
Yet, it disgusts me to see the shadow constantly passing by me each day. How the person can continue to smile and laugh at others, yet be ugly creature with the turn of the head. How the person can hide such monstrosity within those smiles and laughter. How can each person around the person can foolishly fall into the trap of the conniving monster and its alike.
Have we evolved into beings that live this way? That there is no such thing as honesty, where living is putting on a mask whenever we face reality, whenever we face people. Is this what reality really is? What is then, real?
Each day, walking around with a mask. Deceiving the people all around. How can the person behind the mask live, I do not understand. How can the person being deceived not see behind that shining mask, I do not understand.
I tell myself to not let such person to steer my life. Yet, it is so difficult. Disgust fills me. Resentment sets in. Revolt overwhelms me. Sympathy flows out of me.
If I can be anything, I'd like to be an iceberg. Cold. Unfeeling. No more hurt. No more emotions.












